Can someone Please help me?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ch-b

Aquarium Advice Activist
Im going today to have my first aquarium for goldfish and i want to know if this aquarium is good for goldfish? but i don't have a lid from the top :s is it necessary ?
img_2683883_0_e99c51cb5f7ba12162455d95e24f9f8e.jpg

What most people dont realize is that goldfish grow to be a foot long. So imagine a foot long gold fish living inside that aquarium. Will it be comfortable? Does it have room to swim around?
I know they start out small, but they will grow. And that saying about a fish will grow to the size of its container is misleading. While a fish may slow down or stop its growth if the tank is too small, they will start to suffer internal organ damage and die slowly and painfully.

Back to your question about a lid. I believe that goldfish, as part of the carp family, are prone to jumping. So a cover for the aquarium is probably a good idea.

My best advice would be to look into getting something appropriate to the size of the tank.

I can't really tell what size the tank is but it looks a little small. Sometimes photos can be deceiving.

Can you measure the tank for us? That would tell us more than looking at the size of something else in the picture.

*I manage an electronics store, there are lots of sizes of power strips.

Ive researched the tank and it has around 10 different models from,

Smallest: 7.5Litres.
--
--
Biggest: 85Litres.

Back
Top Bottom