Can someone read my ammo?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Nigoodman

Aquarium Advice Activist
Im a girl so I know I'm not color blind but i really can't tell if this is yellow. I know im towards the end of my cycle but I need to know if this is yellow before i switch my sub.

So difficult to read sometimes as you 'want' it to be yellow you start convincing yourself it is yellow. Best way to check is by holding it flat in your hand. Get a bottle of drinking water and test that for ammonia then test yours again. Hold both test tubes flat in each hand. You can then see what the yellow test looks like and you will notice that yours is actually green.

So difficult to read sometimes as you 'want' it to be yellow you start convincing yourself it is yellow. Best way to check is by holding it flat in your hand. Get a bottle of drinking water and test that for ammonia then test yours again. Hold both test tubes flat in each hand. You can then see what the yellow test looks like and you will notice that yours is actually green.

Yes, running a control is good because comparing a 2D printed image with a 3D liquid filled tube can be challenging for anyone in some situations. I sometimes run tap water as a control which is not perfect but also allows me to monitor it as well (last year the water coming out of the tap was 1.0/0/5 for ammonia/nitrite/nitrate).

Yes ill definitely compare my tests to a control thank you guys! Fingers crossed for no ammonia soon :) peace. Love. Good parameters.

Back
Top Bottom