Can you help me diagnosis my guorami

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

andrea_

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
This is the second honey guorami I've had die on me in the last month. My levels are all perfect, had my water tested at my LFS.

This one isn't dead yet but he's not doing good. His coloring is looking very bad and he's swimming upside down ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1419970570.243905.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1419970584.324450.jpg

He was fine yesterday. Took a turn for the worst suddenly =\ wondering if my LFS Had a bad batch of them.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

While it's quite possible that a "bad" batch could happen, I would recommend getting your own liquid test kit. There's a good chance the LFS is only using strips as they're cheaper for the store to absorb the cost and less accurate in many keepers opinions. It's also possible (depending on the LFS, big box vs mom/pop stores) that everything is on a "common" filtration system and although one tank looks good, there may be something lurking in another that went unseen.

The fact that they were around for a month disproves some other thoughts that could have played a role in your loss.

Sent from my iPhone that doesn't like me. Or you !!

I am just worried about my other fish... Everyone else seems to be doing fine.

Then its prob the lfs's fish that are no good. It happens

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Test your own water, period. . If you're going to get serious on this than a liquid test kit is a must.. trust a store that sells stuff to test your water that will make or break their sale?? They dip a strip or fill viles?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I have test strips. When I have the extra money I'll invest in the liquid kit. That's why I brought my own water sample into the LFS bc I assumed they used the liquid kits, but the girl took it to the back room and came back with my results.

Back
Top Bottom