can you help me ID this fish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cappieBridget

Aquarium Advice Freak
I am trying to find out the name of this fish for a friend because he needs to know what is compatible, nothing has been so far and they met their fate sadly. I don't have a picture of it but here's a description:

it's a silver, oval fish, about 5-6" and it has a black horizontal strip down both sides. It looks almost like a silver dollar, but bigger and more oval. He was told it is a cichlid and aggressive. I have been looking but haven't found anythign and know how great you people are here so, thanks if you cn help!

I have a book that has literally thousands of cichlids pictured in it. Some of them look so close to one another that you can barely tell them apart. If your fish is a cichlid, it's no surprise! Most people that keep them do so in a species only tank. They chase each other around the tank all day.

Introducing another cichlid to the tank wont necessarily work at this point. Putting a little cichlid with an adult usually results in a dead little cichlid.

You may want to post in the cichlid forum on this site for input from people that keep them currently.

looks alot like the Losielle's, but I am wondering if it's the pacu you talk about. That's what I initially thought but didn't have the coloring of wht pacu's are online. thanks!

Back
Top Bottom