Can you recognize possible plant deficiency/

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Digitalgerl

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have pics of my jungle val - I've had for a week and corkscrew val I've had for a month. I have 3.5 wpg and pressurized CO2. I started adding plant fert, Flourish for macros and Plant Fuel for micro nutrients finally last week.
My corkscrew has developed a few holes and yellowing and alittle browning on the last half of the older leaves. The new growth is very green at the moment.
The Jungle val seemed to develope these dark areas almost overnight. It is not an algae but a darkening of the leaf itself. i've been reading but cant decide what it is definitively.

37 gallon
Ammonia 0
Nitrites 0
pH 7.0
lights on 10 hours daily

Thanks for your help!

Attachments

• plantdiff1_133.jpg
    plantdiff1_133.jpg
    12.3 KB · Views: 345
  • plant_holes_171.jpg
    plant_holes_171.jpg
    15.8 KB · Views: 350
Thanks I appreceiate it. I had previously read that site and a few more. I am really stumped though on the jungle vals darkened areas and the holes in the corkscrew . I really didn't see that as one of the symptoms anywhere -at least described like that. I am missing something.
So did you stop using Excel? Do you have a planted tank then?...what's you're routine?

:)

What about using Seachems Flourish? I never used the Excel. The straight Flourish and Plant Fuel by Florida Aquatics.

No the Flourish brand will not do that only the Excel. What exactly do you add for macros and how much? Flourish comprehensive is a trace fert. You need to be adding N, P and K.

I placed some root tabs in the substrate last week. I am dosing with Flourish every other day - It looks like this product has some Nitrogen and some Phospate. Once a week I am using Plant Fuel by Florida Aqua Farms - again after looking at the ingredients it appears that it is basically the same as the Flourish. Nitrogen and all the trace elements. The guy at the Fish store said that between the 2 I would have what I needed but I don't think so...So it appears I need to add the Macros. Can you recommend a bottled macro product?

Flourish makes all 3. You can find them online from the Doctors or from Big Als. You would be much better off money wise purchasing the dry ferts.

Back
Top Bottom