Canadian pricing, is this a good price?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zagz

Aquarium Advice Addict
At my lfs I found a gold nugget pleco for $60.00. Is this overpriced? I tried to find one online in Canada to judge with shipping but couldn't.

Also a tiger pleco for $40.00?

I like these 2 pleco's as they are small and stay smaller. The Zebra pleco is cool but from all I've read not a true algae eater. Also doesn't like other bottom dwellers of which I have (clown loaches).

Any other suggestions for a good pleco that stays small and isn't so common?

Due to their availablity, that's a good price.
While I was in Calgary, I bought clown plecos for $10-15. They are more common than many smaller plecos, but if you find one with good striping, they are beautiful. The other plecos I have seen in Calgary are albino bristle nose plecos. Once I found a Queen A pleco for $35/40, which was a GREAT price, but it died the night I bought it :bawl: Unuusual plecos--dwarf and full size are hard to come by. When you find them and if you have the money, snatch them up!

Probably pretty decent pricing for Saskatchewan...the gold nugget could be had for about $30-$40 in Calgary, likewise the king tiger for about $30....on the other hand, I doubt you could get either in Newfoundland for under $100....its all about location.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom