Candy Cane coral with 2 mouth openings?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bawel

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hi hi,

Long time I haven't posted anything new :) My tank has been doing really great. However, I think my candy cane corals are FAT now and one of the head used to have only one opening for eating time, now it has 2, does that mean it's going to split into 2 heads? How big should candy cane grows? I felt mine is really FAT. I gave you pics when I get home. Thanks in advance!

Usually if you see two mouths then that`s a good sign. You must really have a great tank going there.

I agree with mel good sign starting to split into two heads for you :D

He??? Really? so if it does split into two heads, it would grow a branch to support it or just become two heads in one branch?

The branch can infact support 2 heads I have a candy cane that has 10 heads and only 3 or 4 branches LOL .. They can sprout new branches but it takes alot of calcium to do that .. You will eventually see new branches given time ...

HI Mike and Sadielynn, thanks for the feedback. I actually find another candy cane with another mouth starting to appear on my other branch, wohoo... can't found my camera last nite, so no pics ... but hey, now I know that it's good, I'm happy...

Back
Top Bottom