Candy Canes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

NarwhalLover3

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have a small colony of Candy Canes in my pico and I'm not sure if/what/how I should be feeding them? Thanks!

You could target feed zoo or phytoplankton as well as chopped (small) fish maybe once a week. I've heard that just the Food particles in the water from feeding the fish is plenty for them. I got one about 3 weeks ago and I target feed phyco pure every 5 days or so.

I have a three headed one (largest head has three mouths so I expect it will split soon) and I rarely feed it. But on occasion, I save a bit of my homemade fish food (fish, shrimp, clams, etc sent through a food processor and frozen) and wait for it to extend its tiny little feeder tentacles and then give it a bit. It doesn't hold on very well but occasionally manages to swallow a bit.

They will come out on their own once the coral is comfortable and the heads have inflated. Mine took about a week before I saw any come out. They are really small maybe a couple cm

Mine only extend after food has been in the water for a while. My guess is they smell it and are just slow to join the party.

Ok. I'll just keep a close eye. It'll be a while though, being I only got the on Sunday.

Back
Top Bottom