Canister filter help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GeeZeusWoks

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
So i am on a low budget and found some cheap canister filters,
my choices are the Aquatop Cf-500, SunSun 304B
i was wondering if these would run well on a 75 gal
also running with a penguin 350 might be planning to buy a second HOB filter as well

I use a SunSun 304B on a 75 gallon. Have had no problems at all, performs wonderfully. I do use the spray bar but only three segments (it comes with four) each pointed it different directions (one up, one middle, one down). I have a K420 on the other side for more flow but its a bit too much for my taste so I am going to swap it out for a K240 after the new year.

On a budget, that will be a fine filter for a 75 gallon. Its not an FX5, but it's 1/3 the price and will do the job. Don't expect much from the UV though. If you want to add more filtration in the future, I'd suggest the AC110 HOB with floss for polishing & additional water movement and use the canister for media. Don't bother with carbon in either.

I like canisters but find that I let them go longer between cleaning, so I prefer not to keep fine pads in them that would clog.

Back
Top Bottom