Canister filter.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
What are some best/popular canister filter that I can afford? 0-150

I have read good things about Fulva. I have never owned though; so I won't really be able to tell you the pros and cons. Fluval 306 is rated for 70 GPH.

Amazon.com: Fluval 306 External Filter: Pet Supplies

This is what I have at home and it has been working for 9 years now. XP-L I think is rated for 100 GPH. But just like any canister filter the GPH will drop some when you fill it with media.

http://www.amazon.com/API-Filstar-XP-L-Canister-Filter/dp/B000260FX4/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1398270460&sr=8-3&keywords=filstar+xp-s

I have read good things about Fulva. I have never owned though; so I won't really be able to tell you the pros and cons. Fluval 306 is rated for 70 GPH.

Amazon.com: Fluval 306 External Filter: Pet Supplies

This is what I have at home and it has been working for 9 years now. XP-L I think is rated for 100 GPH. But just like any canister filter the GPH will drop some when you fill it with media.

http://www.amazon.com/API-Filstar-X...8&qid=1398270460&sr=8-3&keywords=filstar+xp-s

Might buy fluval. It is too expensive for me to get api filter. And probably gonna buy 45 gallon filter which is cheaper.

Might buy fluval. It is too expensive for me to get api filter. And probably gonna buy 45 gallon filter which is cheaper.

Let me know how it works if you do. I like to try and stay local if possible and the mom and pop store where I bought my xp3 from closed down 5 years ago. So if my xp3 quits on me one day my only option is petco and they carry fluval.

Let me know how it works if you do. I like to try and stay local if possible and the mom and pop store where I bought my xp3 from closed down 5 years ago. So if my xp3 quits on me one day my only option is petco and they carry fluval.

Ok. Can I see your tank? I wast to see people's aqua scape. :)

The Sun sun hw-302 just dropped down to 50$ on Amazon. 264 gph

Sent from my LG-MS770 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

That model has a 4.5 star rating out of 5. I run a smaller model that does 100 gph and i love it it does a great job and it is well constructed.

That model has a 4.5 star rating out of 5. I run a smaller model that does 100 gph and i love it it does a great job and it is well constructed.

Is it quite? Can you show me your canister filter? Can you record it for me please?

Its silent so u won't hear anything but I'll get ua pic if i can

There is a pic of the filter i use (sun sun 603b) on my 20 gallon high which u can still get on ebay for around 30$. I had to use a

strip of duck tape to secure the pump better and stop the vibration but silent ever since. I have cleaned it multible times without an issue. The model i recommended has an internal motor so u shouldn't have that issue.

Attachments

• 1398597463615.jpg
    1398597463615.jpg
    3.1 KB · Views: 48
There is a pic of the filter i use (sun sun 603b) on my 20 gallon high which u can still get on ebay for around 30$. I had to use a

strip of duck tape to secure the pump better and stop the vibration but silent ever since. I have cleaned it multible times without an issue. The model i recommended has an internal motor so u shouldn't have that issue.

I decide it to get a eheim filter.

I use an Aqua One canister filter, fantastic, made a huge difference. Stick with a known brand, cheap doesn't mean good.

Deciding to get 2217 or 2213

I had the 2217. You can fit tons if media in them but the are big, bulky and look cheap. Performance is supposed to be second to none and the motor is less susceptible to damage as the fluval is as apparently the starting the fluval does something that wears the motor down.

Having said that, the setup in the 2217 classic was a nightmare! I ended up with water all over. Push fit tubing and unnecessary stop valves.

Personally I would pay the extra buck for the fluval. They are sleek, easy to set up and start up and maintain can still fit lots of media in.

Btw: anyone want to buy a brand new 2217 £80

I packed it up and put it in the loft.

I had the 2217. You can fit tons if media in them but the are big, bulky and look cheap. Performance is supposed to be second to none and the motor is less susceptible to damage as the fluval is as apparently the starting the fluval does something that wears the motor down.

Having said that, the setup in the 2217 classic was a nightmare! I ended up with water all over. Push fit tubing and unnecessary stop valves.

Personally I would pay the extra buck for the fluval. They are sleek, easy to set up and start up and maintain can still fit lots of media in.

Btw: anyone want to buy a brand new 2217 £80

I packed it up and put it in the loft.

Fluval is like 200 and eheim is like 100. I am interested to your product.

Back
Top Bottom