Can't tell if this is byopsis or not?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Anovack

Aquarium Advice Freak
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1450284311.800068.jpg
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1450284342.451725.jpg

I was wondering if people think this is byopsis or just regular gha?

Phosphates not showing up on Hannah checker and nitrates 0 on Red Sea test. 30% water change 7-10 days.

I've had gha before and would physically remove it. However, the stuff on the pictures is deep in the rocks. So attached I wouldn't be surprised if I could pull the rocks out by it with my tweezers I use.

I appreciate any feedback,

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Hanna checker: 0.02

So I don't think that could be the cause...

I thought so. Been fighting it for about 6months. Been manually removing as much as I can and before water changes scrubbing down rocks and syphoning out.

I guess I will just try and keep up with it.

Thinking about doing a blackout for a day or so to try and hinder some growth.

Must be some nutrients in the system because the big water changes have kept phosphates down. Not sure what else it could be.

Hair Algae. But just for the record, Bryopsis is a clean water alage, you could have prestine water parameters and have it.

Are you using the low range hanna checker??

I guess is it's all the same.

Yeah I have the low range Hanna

Phosphate checkers really aren't going to help you with gha since it's absorbing all of it as food. I'm having the same problem right now but I'm deployed and my wife is pulling her hair out. Just feed less and do more frequent water changes. If you're feeling really froggy you could start using gfo.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Well, if your sure everything is in order, with regards to water parameters, just do a 3 day total black out, that'll wipe it out.

Back
Top Bottom