Carbon Filter

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I thought it did remove plant food. Not sure where to fact check this that's reliable

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Taken it out

I have taken it out. For a while. Why because so called easy plants have died on me those being Anacharis.
I will now see what happens.

Do you feel like telling us about your setup? Maybe we could help? Or did you in another thread.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

If you dose flourish excel or Metricide that's why. Anarchis melts from that stuff. It flourishes in tanks injectingg real co2.

Caleb

My Tank

New set up about four weeks into cycle . 20g long with eco complete substrate . The plants I have now is Blyxa Japonica, cryptocoryne lutea, and cabomba. The last two added today. I have been using Flourish Excel, flourish and API leaf zone.
So what Have I been doing wrong?
Cheers
Ian

light

A current Satellite Freshwater Led. 8 hrs a day
No root tabs.
I was told that with this being new substrate i would not need it straight away. Wrong Advice?

Nothing wrong. Certain plants just don't like glut dosing. Excel is one form of glut dosing.

I had a similar experience. I had a 4 foot long stem of anarchis(no lie it was a floating plant in my tank) and as soon as I started Excel instead of real co2 it melted away to nothing.

Vallisneria and sometimes hornwort as well just melt away from glut dosing.

Caleb

A current Satellite Freshwater Led. 8 hrs a day
No root tabs.
I was told that with this being new substrate i would not need it straight away. Wrong Advice?

Eco complete is a good substrate, but it starts inert meaning you need to add nutrients at first. Once it has those nutrients it will hold them for a very long time.

Caleb

Back
Top Bottom