Careys' 29g Cube Remodel!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think there is an orange spot goby, and there is an orange striped prawn goby.... Which one are you getting? Lol i love the orange stripe prawn... :)

Orange Spot Prawn Goby
Amblyeleotris guttata

This is the guy. I am ordering from aquacon again. Their fish are pretty cheap and they are in Florida so the shipping is cheap too. I have had good luck with their fish, not so much so with their corals so I won't be getting any of those. LOL[SIZE=-2]

[/SIZE]
This is the link if it works, its in the middle of the page of the 40% fish

Aquatic Connection Live: Specials on Saltwater Fish, Live Corals, Marine Invertebrates, Aquarium Live Rock[SIZE=-2]
[/SIZE]

Their prices are amazing and if youve ordered before.. Go ahead, but I think it's Risky. They have a pretty bad reputation. If it goes well for you again, I might buy something someday.

needmorecowbell said:
Their prices are amazing and if youve ordered before.. Go ahead, but I think it's Risky. They have a pretty bad reputation. If it goes well for you again, I might buy something someday.

I've had three dealings with them over the years,...the first one was very bad,..second one was fine and the last one was a month or so ago when I ( nervously) ordered my Cooler from them,... Besides not sending me out a tracking number on the cooler ,they were very polite and helpful when I called.,..maybe they've shaped up ?

Dary421 said:
I've had three dealings with them over the years,...the first one was very bad,..second one was fine and the last one was a month or so ago when I ( nervously) ordered my Cooler from them,... Besides not sending me out a tracking number on the cooler ,they were very polite and helpful when I called.,..maybe they've shaped up ?

I too havnt had much luck with them. A year ago they a great sale spent a good deal of money and nothing to show for it except one fariy wrasse

I've ordered from them 3 times I believe and its been hit or miss. I had some shrimp arrive doa but my email didnt go out until 2.5 hours after delivery so they didnt give me a refund. The mushrooms I ordered pretty much disinegrated after about a week. But every fish I ordered from them is still alive and doing well a year later so I figured I'd give them another go. lol

Getting excited to get some fish in this tank, it looks so empty with just brittle stars and a single snail. :)

carey said:
I've ordered from them 3 times I believe and its been hit or miss. I had some shrimp arrive doa but my email didnt go out until 2.5 hours after delivery so they didnt give me a refund. The mushrooms I ordered pretty much disinegrated after about a week. But every fish I ordered from them is still alive and doing well a year later so I figured I'd give them another go. lol

Getting excited to get some fish in this tank, it looks so empty with just brittle stars and a single snail. :)

I think it's time again to get another " bob" the sea slug

Bob was one of my most favorite critters. I've thought about replacing him but he was just so cool and I had such good luck with him I'm not sure I wanna try again. lol

I'm still browsing the website, I really wanna add one more fish to the list but not sure what. I like the signal gobies and I was thinking maybe a jawfish. So, I will maybe add one of those to the stocking. Just not sure yet lol

carey said:
Bob was one of my most favorite critters. I've thought about replacing him but he was just so cool and I had such good luck with him I'm not sure I wanna try again. lol

I'm still browsing the website, I really wanna add one more fish to the list but not sure what. I like the signal gobies and I was thinking maybe a jawfish. So, I will maybe add one of those to the stocking. Just not sure yet lol

Did you order another bob?

Nope. lol I'm kinda scared to actually. I have heard so many horror stories about them getting sucked up in stuff. My Bob was great. He never even got near anything that could hurt him, such a smart little critter. Still makes me sad to think he just disappeared one day never to be seen again. :-( Thats gotta be the worst feeling, never knowing what actually happened.

I did just post a new thread with my huge shopping list for wednesday. ;-) I LOVE getting new guys for my tanks! Thats gotta be the best feeling.

carey said:
Nope. lol I'm kinda scared to actually. I have heard so many horror stories about them getting sucked up in stuff. My Bob was great. He never even got near anything that could hurt him, such a smart little critter. Still makes me sad to think he just disappeared one day never to be seen again. :-( Thats gotta be the worst feeling, never knowing what actually happened.

I did just post a new thread with my huge shopping list for wednesday. ;-) I LOVE getting new guys for my tanks! Thats gotta be the best feeling.

I like to order a " bob" for myself. But I think my triggerfish would kill it within a minute (?) ,. maybe one day I'll try it anyway ,id prob end up getting two ,one for the dt and one for the sump,..do you Remember what kind of slug bob was?,...I just remember he was a looker.

Bob was a Bali sea hare. He would eat algae sheets off a clip for me and overall was an easy to keep guy. I researched the sea hares and the Bali one was also the least likely to ink. Mine never inked once, I'd be able to put him in my hand and he never had any issue with it. Not sure if i got lucky or not, everyone has a horror story of one inking and nuking their tanks. lol

Got a little ahead of my stocking today, lol.....Picked up a dusky jawfish for $5 so i couldn't resist. :)
He went into the tank and was gone under the rocks. Hopefully I get to see him more and he's just getting used to the tank.

Still plan on adding the inverts as well as a pistol shrimp/goby combo sometime this week or next, hopefully will be ordering tomorrow.

Pictures to come!

Soooo, finally got the rockwork to where i am satisfied with it and moved some corals over from the 125g reef. So far I have the dusky jawfish, a really nice hammer, a great duncan and a rehabbing acan from the 20g rimless. :-D The hammer started with one head and nnow has about 8 heads on it, the duncan, same story, was one head now is like 17 or so. lol The acan was on a rock I forgot about in the 20g rimless and it sat without light for a few weeks so I thought it was dead for sure. BUT it has started coming back since I put it in this cube, hopefully it will return to it's former glory!

Took some pictures, can't really catch the jawfish, he is one anti social little fish!
Thanks for looking everyone!

img_2045217_0_66778bb511cfa684699d782a438c9512.jpg

img_2045217_1_9a8a9734cb5cd4444fec0b5f6721e5c7.jpg

img_2045217_2_f418793afd13a9a33da7d714e2396221.jpg

img_2045217_3_e0b1be7ab15d706871abfd281148d0bf.jpg

img_2045217_4_a62a351dced7a39aa13857209df5f497.jpg

I believe they are easy to keep. Mine darts out to catch food but otherwise he stays in his huge cave system he already built. lol They are pretty hardy and not very expensive at all, well, unless you go with a blue jawfish which in my opinion are super cool looking! lol But at $100 or so too rich for my blood. hehe...

Hoping that the jawfish will get along with a shrimp goby and pistol shrimp cause I plan on adding them next week or so. The caves he dug are pretty extensive so there should be room for all of them. The jawfish is a tiny little fellow too, maybe an inch and a half right now, looks like he will at least double in size as he grows up. :)

So I went and did a little local shopping today instead of ordering everything at once like I planned. lol

I picked up:
2 emerald crabs
2 bright red fiddler crabs
6 astreas
20 blue hermits
Also grabbed a large frag of lunar eclipse zooas, couldnt resist. lol

The jawfish is still in hiding too, I can just see his head sticking out, cool to see but not at all active. I ordered some fish for next week too from the LFS, I am getting a candycane pistol shrimp and an orange spot goby to go with it. They should be in on tuesday and i will hopefully pick them up Friday. :)

Still thinking of what else to add to the tank.....I do wanna give the tank a chance to settle in though too so I probably wont get any more fish until next month. I was thinking of designer clowns or perculas if I am low on cash lol. Have no idea what else I could add though. It's gotta be small and active so I'm coming up empty as far as ideas. hehe...

Back
Top Bottom