Carey's Community Build/Upgrade

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You can see that you can't see it when looking in the tank.

Attachments

• image-527657472.jpg
    image-527657472.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 91
  • image-4178358863.jpg
    image-4178358863.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 91
  • image-163223505.jpg
    image-163223505.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 92
Stand looks awesome black, I've not long repainted my stands black, 1000x better

Nothing like a good Carey build and I haven't been here long!

Ok, I think I get it now. Thanks for the pictures. :) I'll have to give that a try. Now the AC 30 is blowing up sand too. LOL

I plan on touching up some of the stand, since I used latex it peeled a bit near the drawer/door thingee.

The carey builds will be almost over soon! I have one more in mind but got to sell the 55g sw and the 10g I just upgraded from. Then I might reveal what my plans are. Until then it's all hush hush! HEHE

Any thoughts on my stocking list? I talked to SM and she thought I might be overdoing it abit by adding the kerri and lemon tetras. Also, why cant a gourami and a Bolivian ram get along? Are they aggressive?

When the day comes, and I find yet another free spot, I will get a betta. I was thisclose today at petco, they had a really pretty one. I'm thinking after my paralyzed cichlid passes away one day I'll put a tank where he is now. That darn fish has been holding on for about 8 months!! He's got spirit so I'm letting him go in his own time.

I also wanted something that eats off the bottom, any suggestions for that?

I know it seems to be getting overstocked but those neons are sooo tiny, there is soo much more tank in there for fish! LOL Not to mention I have overfiltration out the wazoo. And I am always checking my tanks so I think I can handle it. :-D

carey said:
When the day comes, and I find yet another free spot, I will get a betta. I was thisclose today at petco, they had a really pretty one. I'm thinking after my paralyzed cichlid passes away one day I'll put a tank where he is now. That darn fish has been holding on for about 8 months!! He's got spirit so I'm letting him go in his own time.

I also wanted something that eats off the bottom, any suggestions for that?

I know it seems to be getting overstocked but those neons are sooo tiny, there is soo much more tank in there for fish! LOL Not to mention I have overfiltration out the wazoo. And I am always checking my tanks so I think I can handle it. :-D

Hmm Malaysian trumpet snails? Or bristlenose pleco are good bottom feeders! :)

Potential stock list

10 neons
6 lemon tetras
6 kerri tetras
1 gourami OR bolivian ram
4-6 mandarin shrimp
?? other shrimp

Btw I love over filtering :p I have a ac70 on my 10G! BAHAHA with a Betta :p soon to be rehome into another tank because he's bully my cardinals!! Took out a set of eyes on one of my cardinal tetra, chased one out of the tank (serious)!

Potential stock list

10 neons
6 lemon tetras
6 kerri tetras
1 gourami OR bolivian ram
4-6 mandarin shrimp
?? other shrimp
id do the bolivian and i think it'd be OK but i like having bigger schools so id do 10 neons and 10 lemon since neons already have blue and so do kerris

Made my decision on which fish to go with. Gonna be getting them from severum mama. :)

4- mandarin shrimp
2- tiger shrimp
1- thick lipped gourami
6- lemon tetras
6- gold neons

Whatcha think? Look good on paper? I hope they look good in the tank.

Which brings me to this new dilemma. The AC70 intake tube is still pulling in sand and I have to clean it every 5 mintues. Any other options? I only have the one tube attached and its way down the tank since I have a 20L and it's not very tall.

Help. I just dont' knwo what to do. I'm thinking canister filter now or changing the substrate which I really don't wanna do.

Do you have a spare Aquaclear sponge (or similar) laying around? You can make a prefilter for the intake that will keep the sand out. Just cut to fit and then cut a hole in the middle to slip on over the intake.

Duh! I'm so un creative sometimes. I happen to have an ac50 sponge lying around.

I'll give that a try. I'm hoping that the sand settles down shortly.

did you think about maybe a rock structure right infront and below the intake? so that the sand stays down in front of it, and then do he gatorade bottle thing for the waterfall return thing.

I have to get some more driftwood pieces so I'm hoping to fit more in so the flow isn't too unbearable. Keep in mind I have both the ac70 AND the AC30 running at the same time. That whole side of the tank is a whirlwind of water. The neons are remarkably hanging out underneath the filter itself. Hope this is normal.

Back
Top Bottom