Carey's LAST Build- 125g Reef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
carey said:
OMG, white lights just came on and the tang is perfect! No spoltches or anything to be found. I'm guessing it was just stress hopefully. He is as yellow as can be! I am so happy!!

Just stress.. stop watching it all day! I wouldn't wwant someone staring at me while I eat and poop sheesh!

LOL. Yeah, I know, I worry way way too much. But after all the deaths I have to watch constantly for anything that changes. :) I want to put more fish in next month so I gotta be SURE theres nothing amiss.

OMG, white lights just came on and the tang is perfect! No spoltches or anything to be found. I'm guessing it was just stress hopefully. He is as yellow as can be! I am so happy!!

Awesome!!!!!!!!!!! pic pic pic pic pic pic, did I say pic?

jsmith - she watches her tanks is cool, me I look at every nook and cranny with a flashlight before I go to bed every night AND a couple times during the day too. Looking for any "moving objects" lol

Crap I can't not look at my tank...I catch myself just following the same fish for minutes at a time. And congrats Carey!!! Hopefully the yt is all better

huma-huma said:
Crap I can't not look at my tank...I catch myself just following the same fish for minutes at a time. And congrats Carey!!! Hopefully the yt is all better

Buffy said:
Awesome!!!!!!!!!!! pic pic pic pic pic pic, did I say pic?

jsmith - she watches her tanks is cool, me I look at every nook and cranny with a flashlight before I go to bed every night AND a couple times during the day too. Looking for any "moving objects" lol

I buffy look at it about 2 hours after lights out good chance to find more... I can't stop either if the wife didn't like it as much as me she would be jelious..

Took some photos of the tang all yellow and back to normal. If you see anything abnormal please point it out to me! Also caught a picture of Candy in her rock! She is soo cute!

img_1455486_0_9c8533a3afeac1b3cf4151076fc47d21.jpg

img_1455486_1_35881ba233ef9647b33a2930e3e8cdc7.jpg

img_1455486_2_ab791586ffa5c055816004b67c32216b.jpg

img_1455486_3_608e4d5cf3244ffbce73bbc2618a888c.jpg

carey said:
Took some photos of the tang all yellow and back to normal. If you see anything abnormal please point it out to me! Also caught a picture of Candy in her rock! She is soo cute!

You can still see a little red around the snout area,but it looks a lot better.I would stay away from any PWC's awhile and let the tank stay stable awhile.
Good luck

I've finally caught back up :)

LOL, that's funny cause I check this thread everyday and alot of times more than once. When I come back theres 3 pages more LMAO.

Carey, Tang looks good :) woohoo. But I'm blind I can't find Candy. Kinda sounds like finding nemo lol.

Candy is in the hole in the rock with her head kinda sticking out. :)

All is well in the tank still. I'm starting to get optimistic that it was a fluke with the fish dying. Still waiting a few more weeks for fish though. I hate seeing such an empty tank. The clowns are always doing their body surfing at the top of the water and the tang is about all I can see swimming around. LOL

Right now my only issue is getting my skimmer to work again. When I did my big pwc I musta added too much water cause now all I get is foam and the water just fills the cup right up.
Thats todays mission. And maybe a trip to a lfs. ;-)

Just did my water tests and nitrates came out to 0. Woot! I guess the refugium actually does help. :)

Now to my dilemma. I was just checking out my rocks and looking for new live things when I realized that my rock is absolutely teeming with pods, big and small. I was thinking on adding a mandarin into it. I was gonna put the ORA mandarin in my cube but I think my 125g might be able to sustain a regular wild one. I do have one(ORA) on hold for the last 2 weeks at my LFS. What do you guys think? Should I stay with the original plan and put him in my cube so I can feed him specifically or let nature take its course in the 125g?

It's been a few weeks since anything has gone wrong in this tank so I'm fairly confident that it might be ok to add something. Or should I still wait it out for a few weeks?
Got some pictures I'll upload in a minute, I've been very bored today. LOL :-D

lookin good you should consider getting a jawfish when you start stocking i got one yesterday and hes one of my fav fish already lol

Believe it or not I was debating a blue jawfish. :) Havent done much research on it yet, are they reef safe and not jumpers? I have an open tank....

i have a Yellowhead jawfish it says they could jump but mine found a nice little hole under a rock he hides in he spit all the sand out of this hole and he came out to eat and quickly went back in its rather funny

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I havent read that anywhere. They stay on the sandbed and rocks if I'm not mistaken, cause thats where the food is at. lol

Back
Top Bottom