Carey's LAST Build- 125g Reef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
how is the pool filter sand working for you? better yet how is the DSB working out? are you starting to see life and worm trails yet?

Nothing yet, least that I can tell. I do have algae that grows right along the sandbed edge along the glass, annoys me to death! I have to scrape it with a razor to get it off. Is that normal? Or is it the PFS?

Nothing yet, least that I can tell. I do have algae that grows right along the sandbed edge along the glass, annoys me to death! I have to scrape it with a razor to get it off. Is that normal? Or is it the PFS?

thats normal, i have that growing and i only have a 2 inch sand bed

Thanks Leo, it's been driving me crazy LOL. I have it in the cube too, right at the sand line. Guess I'll keep scraping. :)

I should still remove it though right? I try to be as gentle as I can be to avoid mucking up the sand.....but it really looks awful and drives me crazy lol

i have it also, i leave mine alone and only clean if it seeps above the sand. i know it is worse for you since you have 4 inches with 3 inches of visible sand, but try and fight the urge to clean it often

I had the same problem this is gona sound crazy but try moving the light back some so it's not so bright on the front of the tank Carey i know you have that monster 12 bulb so it may not work for you Maybee a small shim under the back legs to aim the light to the back?

Good point Grizz, hadnt really thought of that angle. lol I dont have that much growing on the back glass so maybe it could help. :)

Thanks for the suggestion!

carey said:
I finally got a picture of my fat blenny. I think it's hilarious how big he is, but should he be that fat? LOL

What the **** are you feeding that blenny???: Whales

;-)

The blenny fortunately or unfortunately eats everything I put in the tank. Least thats one fish I know isn't gonna starve. lol

Now if only I could get my mandarin that fat I'd be more than happy. LOL The scooter is on his way to fat already hehe

What do u feed your blenny? I just got one and I wanna make sure he is fat and happy! Right now I have nori...

Swimzebras said:
What do u feed your blenny? I just got one and I wanna make sure he is fat and happy! Right now I have nori...

Mine started with the algae then I fed him algae sheets. He also eats flake and frozen.

Back
Top Bottom