Carey's LAST Build- 125g Reef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Actually I DO have a hammer. lol I have so many things I forget...Here's the hammer. AND on my shopping journeys today I picked up a greenish Monti and a huge colony of lunar eclipse zooas. Pictures of those too! lol

img_1519729_0_db4d6d5c266263a3eb1db2449aeddbd1.jpg

img_1519729_1_eef6c05b726b88006e4e04fea7c5b198.jpg

img_1519729_2_b536b1f102047272257521f4851577f7.jpg

carey said:
Actually I DO have a hammer. lol I have so many things I forget...Here's the hammer. AND on my shopping journeys today I picked up a greenish Monti and a huge colony of lunar eclipse zooas. Pictures of those too! lol

Nice,like the zoo colony,they should end up huge when they fill in.

I'm officially worried. Haven't seen the blue tang out since this morning. H'es not dead or anything cause I can see his tail and he's totally hidden behind the rock. Just cant see anything other than his tail moving here and there. Lights are on blues and he still hasnt come out.

I'm officially worried. Haven't seen the blue tang out since this morning. H'es not dead or anything cause I can see his tail and he's totally hidden behind the rock. Just cant see anything other than his tail moving here and there. Lights are on blues and he still hasnt come out.

give him a few days? you know hes healthy from watching him in the qt tank. im sure he will be fine.

Hes prob ok carey, just getting used to everything. My powder brown tang is just starting to open up. Give him time

Not sure on the Tangs. But my puff was the same way for about a week. Hardly even when I would feed. But now he is all over and playful.

I am very tempted to break some of the tank down and get a look at the tang. I can't stand not knowing if he is ok or not. What if he has ich or something? Or maybe he got cut up with all the rock.....I just don't know...

This is the first real fish I have added since I had those 6 die about 2 months ago. He was very shy in the qt tank too but at least I didn't have alot of rock so I could still see him.

I know, I'm probably being inpatient but I;d still like confirmation he is ok.

I am very tempted to break some of the tank down and get a look at the tang. I can't stand not knowing if he is ok or not. What if he has ich or something? Or maybe he got cut up with all the rock.....I just don't know...

This is the first real fish I have added since I had those 6 die about 2 months ago. He was very shy in the qt tank too but at least I didn't have alot of rock so I could still see him.

I know, I'm probably being inpatient but I;d still like confirmation he is ok.

But then you may stress him even more and you will have to wait that much longer for him to come out. But then, maybe not. :hide:

Breaking the tank down will stress him. Patience. Not my favorite thing either but u had him in qt for how long? And no problems. Plus you said he was shy to begin with.

I just moved some rock and coral and caught a glimpse of him, no ich and no abrasions on the one side of him I could see. So for that I'm glad. I'm just really antsy when it comes to the tangs as my last tang experience wasn't stellar. lol

I think I may move some more corals and rock though, kinda feel like going for a new look. :) Nothing major, don't wanna stress pootie if i don't have to but some of my corals are getting pretty close to one another.

My fragging tools should be here by friday so I will be attempting that over the weekend I hope.

On another note, I saw an awesome, and I mean awesome anemone yesterday, he said it was a RBTA but the tips were a bright pink!

Do bta's have the tendency to eat fish does anyone know? I know a condy is out of the question and I don't like the carpet nems....Then again, I;m not sure I want another nem, but this one was fabulous. :-D

That one I wanna get for my rimless tank. :-D But it's too new of a tank to start looking at them yet. Plus I don't have my lights sorted out. Still can't decide between the par38 leds I have, or the metal halide I just bought for it.

I found an awesome setup led fixture on amazon that I may end up getting. In fact I should go to home depot and see if I can find anything I can mount the fixture to. I have no wall behind it and the ceiling is too high and sloped. :-(

Leave pooty tang alone. I've read knowledgeable post after post from you. Would you advise my to keep chasing my tang around if i had happen what you did and qt'ed like you did before putting him in the dt? If so go for it and keep us posted. If not... Follow your own advise. Love the name btw

Agree. He has only been in there a couple days right? Have read alot of stuff saying they r very shy and. Now he is in a big area with lots of things and fish to get used to. I'm sure he is a-ok. I know it's easy for me to say this about ur tank but I was the same way with mine and was freaking out when they would hide. So hard not to take it apt to find them and make sure they r ok.

Thanks guys, you are right. :) Thats the exact advice i would give someone in the same spot. So hard when it's your tank though and you are so neurotic. lol I will refrain from messing with the 125g for a bit more. :)

Thanks for the reality check. Sometimes we all need a nudge in the right direction. :-D

Yea was my gf that got me to stop stressing my fish. After I over stressed out trig and dogface cus I was overly worried. When I started down it again with the fish now she replied if u don't stop messing with them and stressing them out the the tank has to go. And no sex for a month. Yea I stopped that day. Lol.

Wow, she got you good! Great incentive. My b/f unfortunately knows nothign really but what I;ve taught him so he isn't any help. He thought we shoudl remove the yellow tang until the blue settles in. lol But he's not the one who has to break the tank down to get the tang out. hehe..... I think maybe it will be ok afterall. I;ve seen pootie a few more times today, I'm watching him like a hawk.

It just kinda sucks having 6 feet of tank, JUST for tangs and they dont usually utilize the space. Maybe getting some more fish will liven things up a bit.

Back
Top Bottom