Carey's LAST Build- 125g Reef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
carey said:
Thanks for asking, he's still in the 55 qt and eating ans swimming like normal. Only weird thing is he dug a hole under a rock and sleeps there like my blue tang did. LOL The lfs said that wasnt really normal for tomini's but if he was looking ok then it should be fine. I think I have a weird fish. LOL

That's good! I really like the tomini, maybe when I upgrade (hehe) lol

carey said:
I think the tomini is good in a 75g as well.

Ooooooo lol! I think when I upgrade I will go as big as I can afford (maybe 180 gallons) and then hopefully won't ever want to upgrade again. I really want more Tangs, and it certainly isn't fair at all to the my blue tang being in the 55g. So I will try to upgrade as soon as possible. I wish there were some Tangs that would fit into a 55g. I have an idea. There should be a dwarf tang, like there is with angelfish lol.

coffeetwitch said:
:lol:then carey could retire her tang police stick.

What bothers me is when LFS give people bad info. I was told I could put a blue hippo tang in a 34 gallon tank.

That is soo wrong... the poor fish. And most people who use the lfs dont have a clue so they dont know any better. Then when the fish dies the lfs just sells them another one. Disgraceful in my opinion.

I know. I am just itching to get the money to upgrade for my poor blue tang (in case you're wondering why I even have one is because he came with the tank when I bought him)

You must have seen my post elsewhere X where a guy I sold a biocube skimmer to had a blue tang and a sweetlips in his 29g cube.

I wanted to beat him with a stick I tell ya. Whats even worse was this guy KNEW fish and coral. He named every coral I had and knew all about them but still refused to stock appropriately. These are the people who shouldnt be allowed to have fish. Just my opinion of course....

carey said:
You must have seen my post elsewhere X where a guy I sold a biocube skimmer to had a blue tang and a sweetlips in his 29g cube.

I wanted to beat him with a stick I tell ya. Whats even worse was this guy KNEW fish and coral. He named every coral I had and knew all about them but still refused to stock appropriately. These are the people who shouldnt be allowed to have fish. Just my opinion of course....

What kills me, is when a lfs gives wrong info. Once I heard an employee telling a customer that the blue mandarin they were looking at was super easy to care for. I probably should have said something. Do you both say anything when that kind of this happens at a lfs?

i was at a store one time and overheard a guy asking how to care for his carnation coral that he bought last week from them. the store owner told him to "put it high up on the rock work very close to the halides". i didn't say anything, but to this day i kick myself for not speaking up.

another local store had a crown of thorns starfish for sale in the inverts isle. i mean..what do they tell people when they are looking at that thing? that they have to buy a lot of corals to feed it or it will die? i doubt it. could you imagine if they told people it was reef safe and to put it in their sps tank? lol. i know..a guy with a mature sps tank most definitely knows about the crown of thorns starfish, but wouldn't that be something!

Last edited:
mr_X said:
i was at a store one time and overheard a guy asking how to care for his carnation coral that he bought last week from them. the store owner told him to "put it high up on the rock work very close to the halides". i didn't say anything, but to this day i kick myself for not speaking up.

another local store had a crown of thorns starfish for sale in the inverts isle. i mean..what do they tell people when they are looking at that thing? that they have to buy a lot of corals to feed it or it will die? i doubt it.

Yea, and I think it may be a little easier if the employee wasn't there and it was just the customer you told. I remember I read about how someone was kicked out of a lfs for doing the right thing and telling the customer.

We could have a whole thread about these stories. thats what's really sad. A friend of mine was with me when I was buying corals and saw a mandarin. he has a trigger kinda tank and was like hey lemme get one. the guy didnt tell him no, I had to. The buddy then said it didnt matter if the fish starved in a month he'd had haved a cool looking fish for a month at least. The lfs told him how much it was and I very admanatly said , I wil PAY you the $35 NOT to sell it to him. Kinda stunned everyone and luckily my friend didnt get it.

he now has an angel in withhis trigger and some corals and is wodnering why the angel is getting torn to shreds. Also wonders why the THREE nems that have died have done so. I swear, if he wasnt a good person at leart i woudlnt be friends with him. he just consider fish "things" nto living creatures

carey said:
We could have a whole thread about these stories. thats what's really sad. A friend of mine was with me when I was buying corals and saw a mandarin. he has a trigger kinda tank and was like hey lemme get one. the guy didnt tell him no, I had to. The buddy then said it didnt matter if the fish starved in a month he'd had haved a cool looking fish for a month at least. The lfs told him how much it was and I very admanatly said , I wil PAY you the $35 NOT to sell it to him. Kinda stunned everyone and luckily my friend didnt get it.

he now has an angel in withhis trigger and some corals and is wodnering why the angel is getting torn to shreds. Also wonders why the THREE nems that have died have done so. I swear, if he wasnt a good person at leart i woudlnt be friends with him. he just consider fish "things" nto living creatures

That's a shame. I can't stand fish picking on other fish. That is why the wrasse got moved to my other tank.

Back
Top Bottom