Carey's LAST Build- 125g Reef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
LOL. I try to sit in front of the tank and let them get used to me but they aren't coming around. I guess just more time is needed, they have only been in a couple months. I also have a ton of hiding spots in the rocks and they can swim behind the rockwork for now. I am planning on adding another 50lbs of rock in today or very soon so that should help get them front and center. lol

My kole tang is the most antisocial creature on he planet. I only see him if I slowly walk into the room, and when I enter his field of vision he goes straight to the PVC pipe lol

The anthias will bring them out. I put mine in the tank and that's when the goby and fox face started coming out all the time. That fish is really social and for some reason other fish follow it's lead...

Hope youre right Kio :-D the anthias I have was a bit of a scaredy cat when I first put him in the 55g. He hid with the lights out for a couple days. Now he comes right up to the turkey baster I use to feed. lol

Hope youre right Kio :-D the anthias I have was a bit of a scaredy cat when I first put him in the 55g. He hid with the lights out for a couple days. Now he comes right up to the turkey baster I use to feed. lol

He probably isn't as scared as much now because he has Chromis and a Blenny friend that make him feel more secure. :)

carey said:

Exact same thing happened to mine.

Good deal. :) I'm so looking forward to putting them in the main tank. Tuesday is the official 2 week mark for the chromis and blenny and 3 weeks on Monday for the anthias. I've been scrutinizing the fish since they came and so far it's all clear. And the sooner they come out the sooner I can get to the 90g build. lol I keep going in the garage to check it out, I'm so psyched!

Good deal. :) I'm so looking forward to putting them in the main tank. Tuesday is the official 2 week mark for the chromis and blenny and 3 weeks on Monday for the anthias. I've been scrutinizing the fish since they came and so far it's all clear. And the sooner they come out the sooner I can get to the 90g build. lol I keep going in the garage to check it out, I'm so psyched!

I know, I can't wait to see the 90g come along! It sounds like you are going to have some pretty cool fish in it!

Yep, I was just now checking out fish for it. LOL Since I'm pretty stocked on all my tanks this one will mean I can go fish shopping again. :-D I'm still tweaking the stocklist though, may go with a different butterfly than what I originally planned. Keep finding cool fish to add .....

Yep, I was just now checking out fish for it. LOL Since I'm pretty stocked on all my tanks this one will mean I can go fish shopping again. :-D I'm still tweaking the stocklist though, may go with a different butterfly than what I originally planned. Keep finding cool fish to add .....

Definitely! I change my mind all of the time about what fish I want. I can't wait to see "Carey 90g FOWLR Build" under new posts again! It will be fun to follow.

redsea said:
Definitely! I change my mind all of the time about what fish I want. I can't wait to see "Carey 90g FOWLR Build" under new posts again! It will be fun to follow.

Ditto:D

Thanks guys for the interest. :) I love new builds, so many opportunities.

I'm gearing up to move the rock and add the extra 50lbs today to the 125g and do a large water change while I'm at it so i took some pictures of course! These are some of my corals that don't get as much photo time as the fish and others so here ya go

img_1607734_0_aafc4220dbdad8cca08b069d38e81485.jpg

img_1607734_1_b5597ec2d41f20b7a454cb6d1b1e7cd4.jpg

img_1607734_2_d11ee40ad25c1556e5b94a9a8b4f16a5.jpg

img_1607734_3_f2a212af9e9177bc69f23a2575f88888.jpg

I think it is a Flowerpot coral. :)

Carey, what kind of coral is in picture three? Is it easy to keep? Thank you.

Picture 2 and 3 are both SPS, two is a birdsnest. Both were only a limb or two when i got them, they are doing really well. The last picture is a gonipora, a flowerpot coral. :) I've been reading that they are hard to keep but so far mine has been doing ok.

I don't target feed any of my corals in this tank at all, I just keep proper water parameters and do water changes.

Thanks! :-D
I've been trying to find the original photos of it when I first got it, it's such a night and day comparison and it's only been about 7 months in the tank.

Currently I'm in the literal middle of re doing my rockwork, just taking a cigarette break. I also realize that I have a plethora of bristleworms so I will be investing in a trap for them next week hopefully. Took the lights down and they came out from under like every rock, 6 are under my one brain coral alone. lol

Back
Top Bottom