Carey's LAST Build- 125g Reef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
the one with the clowns is a toadstool, a very large one at that lol. I love that piece, it pulls the whole tank together

That 4th pic is a hammer coral. One of my forst corals too. It's gotten so big ! It looks awesome under the blue lighting.

Thanks everyone for the kind words. It makes my night. :-D

I believe that to be a birdsnest SPS. I really like how that picture came out lol. It started with just like 3 branches and has really grown alot over the last few months.

It might be a stylophora, still not 100% sure. It's sps either way though

Awesome pictures, the tank looks great! Also, congrats on your decisions of future tanks! I can't wait to see their builds! :)

My monti is growing like a weed, you can actually see it grow day by day it seems. I havent had to take down the overflow, i have replaced the two sponge prefilters in it though, the originals were getting nasty.

where did you get the replacement sponges? think one would out grow my tank? and when you get the new tanks, can you link to them so i can follow along.

I got a long sponge from my lfs and cut it in half. They also sell the replacement sponges at marinedepot.com. I think if placed well a monti would look pretty good in your tank. It's supposed to encrust and layer as it grows so it could be spectacular in a year or two.

You betcha, I'll be on new build threads so fast...like always!

carey said:
I got a long sponge from my lfs and cut it in half. They also sell the replacement sponges at marinedepot.com. I think if placed well a monti would look pretty good in your tank. It's supposed to encrust and layer as it grows so it could be spectacular in a year or two.

You betcha, I'll be on new build threads so fast...like always!

Build threads are so much more exciting than TV, lol!

Back
Top Bottom