Carey's LAST Build- 125g Reef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Before you know it there will be a new build thread! lol

I may start one soon just to toss some ideas around until i acquire all the parts. No idea what to call the new thread as careys last build is used already...Maybe Careys last big reef upgrade?
HAHA

Before you know it there will be a new build thread! lol

I may start one soon just to toss some ideas around until i acquire all the parts. No idea what to call the new thread as careys last build is used already...Maybe Careys last big reef upgrade?
HAHA

Hmmmmm, let's see.

How about "Carey's Last Build (For Real)-My New 220g"

Well, that only works if you plan as this one as the last one. LOL

Last edited:
It's like those perpetual going out of business sales. Give it up and join aquarium anonymous. You have saltwater in your veins (literally). ;-)

LOL. Sometimes i feel like I have saltwater in my veins, god knows I have my hand in tanks enough hehehe....

This will be my biggest build to date and I honestly don't think I will be going any larger, unless we move, knock down some walls or cut some in wall setups. lol

I also am planning an nuvo 24g build, the new AIO that has the panoramic tank. This one I hope to get as soon as the wedding is past. So I can't say it's my last build, just my last large build. hehe

I just looked up the 24g, and it looks awesome! Now you have me thinking about getting one for my next SW build. :nono: lol

I've seen them in person and those nuvo's are awesome. It would be expensive for the lighting as it's 36 inches long but the possibilities are endless with so much display space. lol.I'm hoping to break down the biocube so maybe some of those fish can go in the nuvo. I'd actually love to have the clown gobies and the mandarin in it. I think that would look great plus they are kinda tiny so they would fit perfect! i was thinking pretty macro algae and some gorgonians maybe, I picture a really pretty tank. :)

I've seen them in person and those nuvo's are awesome. It would be expensive for the lighting as it's 36 inches long but the possibilities are endless with so much display space. lol.I'm hoping to break down the biocube so maybe some of those fish can go in the nuvo. I'd actually love to have the clown gobies and the mandarin in it. I think that would look great plus they are kinda tiny so they would fit perfect! i was thinking pretty macro algae and some gorgonians maybe, I picture a really pretty tank. :)

Sounds cool! I'll keep my eye out for that build thread too in the next coming months.

Oh my goodness!!! It took me 2 weeks but I finally caught up! Lol! Seriously though Carey congrats on EVERYTHING. Because of you I'm hoping to start a saw tank real soon. Here's hoping I can score a 180 for just $200! Anywho keep the updates coming I just wanted to thank you for your hard work I feel like part of the fam although this is my 1st post!

Glad you've been inspired. :) This is such a great community, I missed it while i was gone. lol

I am hoping to create my new build thread later and take video this week of the existing tanks.

Back to world of warcraft. My second addiction behind fish tanks. lol

Glad you've been inspired. :) This is such a great community, I missed it while i was gone. lol

I am hoping to create my new build thread later and take video this week of the existing tanks.

Back to world of warcraft. My second addiction behind fish tanks. lol

Lucky! I wish I had time to play wow. Had to choose between giving up the hobby or wow a few months ago. The fish won out ;).

I took a video today on my phone but can't seem to get it uploaded so I can link it. :-(

Yeah, I am a wowhead. I have 7 90's and it takes up ALOT of my time. lol

Ooooo a video! :)

What kind of phone do you have? I may be able to help (that is my second obsession; cell phones, lol).

Took just a couple pictures. I had to post my monster hermit crab, he is beyond awesome! Great personality and he keeps my sand so clean too. Double bonus!

Also here is a shot of my gsp. It has grown from a half inch frag to what you see today. One of favorite corals actually. lol

I also have a behavioral question about my blue tang.....For the last 3 days or so he has been cuddling with my big hermit crab. He goes right up to it and lays down on top of him. It is hilarious to watch just wish I knew what the heck he was doing. LOL

Anyone else have any ideas?

My hippo does that with bottom dwellers like one of my gobies. He isn't being nice. Mine is trying to smack the gobies. That sounds like a good name for a song, smack the gobie . But I digress.

Back
Top Bottom