Carey's LAST Build- 125g Reef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Only 55 lbs. Over 100lbs of rock though. that part is gonna stink too. Plus all the corals have to be taken out too. I'm figuring a few hours to do. :-(

get a few small power heads and some 20g rubbermaid containersput all your LR and live stock i nthe containers and let it stay there for a bit. you shouldn't stress out your system to much and would probably be able to keep them liek that for a day if you need to. of course thats if you keep the temp in your house at a stable temp

but in my mixing container i have a nano marineland heater i believe its 15w used for a 2.5g and it keeps the water at a really stable 78* even though there is about 15g of volume

They can live on a tote for a while. I had to put a couple of my fish in one when my old 30 gallon cracked while I got a new tank and made sure it was cycled. I just added the heater and powerhead and some of the live rock from the tank they were in and they were totally happy. Just not much for our viewing pleasure.

Just got back with a bunch of containers. I even got an 18g one whcih will be perfect for water changes. :)

Now to convince my b/f he'd rather help me move the tank rather than sleep. LOL

I have the 125g empty in the garage. Anyone think I should water test it again? It held for 1 week without a drip.....

Had a SUPER productive day!!! I am sooo excited!

The 125g is now in place in the living room! I also moved the 55g over to the other wall and finally caught that rogue oscellaris and put him in the cube. :-D

Some pictures as i went along. ALSO found a baby serpent star today, how did that get in there? I haven't added rock for MONTHS. I do have a serpent star, but only one. Could it have had a baby? or babies? that would be interesting.....

img_1376802_0_dcbab8ae3ba3a52c9af670e4e5ee862c.jpg

img_1376802_1_191a832bb6bc9051f710b3688728ee6c.jpg

img_1376802_2_919688dde85063068dd4b4a8f14d3b69.jpg

img_1376802_3_c57c8b475e065a7d1fd535ba7aa55e45.jpg

Hi Carey, how much time it will take to do all the job? Did you and you bf sleep?? I am waiting to see some pics!!!!

Looking good! Is that picture of the new baby one you found or of your original serpent?? There are small white ones that are usually found in tanks, very good hiders. I have had things surprise me in even my oldest tanks, I had a huge snail outbreak in my nano after it had been up for over a year and nothing had been added in months! I still have the snails, they stay really small and come out at night :) I found them online once but I forget what they were called now.

carey, i've heard that a start can molt a leg and it can turn into another star, so its possilbe that your star did that and now you have a second

Took me several hours to break down and reload. Im gonna start filling the tank tonight I think. Im at a friends now. Can't wait to get home and play with it all.

carey said:
That chair is for watching the tank at night. Lol

Yes i understood that, i found it humorous esp. Since many Americans add tv in their kitchen, dining room and bedroom. You are treating your tanks like tv's; adding them everywhere as well as watching them ibstead of the tv.

kurtyboh said:
Yes i understood that, i found it humorous esp. Since many Americans add tv in their kitchen, dining room and bedroom. You are treating your tanks like tv's; adding them everywhere as well as watching them ibstead of the tv.

Hmmm...perhaps I could use that with my husband as a reason for another tank!

I don't actually watch tv. Lol. Couldn't tell you the last time I watched tv but I know I watched the tanks today.

Back
Top Bottom