Carey's LAST Build- 125g Reef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
wit hthat price even if you don't liek the skimmer you can always just buy another one when you can afford one, or use both your remora and eshopps

Yep, there was a store advertising it on CL for today only before 4 so I ran to get one. It was the exact model I was gonna buy from aquacave anyway so it was a totally lucky break. All brand new inbox and everything. Also got a fuge light, not sure if it will work and I now have a hatchback full of 250lbs of pool filter sand. i even took pictures lol

img_1363180_0_da53e082ec391ce648cc3a392132550f.jpg

img_1363180_1_263e06dab216252d0abe578ecf05e64e.jpg

img_1363180_2_0a2344dabe4d23142d279fff8d5a84ab.jpg

Carey, I am just wandering what is the difference between the high end brand bulb and the less fancy named, but with the same light parameters.

What I found after a good research for fluorescent tubes afew years back that sometimes a non branded ones have better light spectrum then the most expensive brands. Now fare as I know that is what it makes professional, not the brand. You have a good armature which is important, with the right tubes it doesn’t count which company made it as long as they have right light spectrum.

Do a search on the net with this on your mind. What are the parameters of your ideal tubes? I bet you can find better ones cheaper.

the light spectrum may be the same but that doesnt mean they last as long without weakening and starting an algae bloom. There is a reason most pros use certain lamps for certain applications or the cheaper brands would become more common and the price will rise accordingly.

Carey, I am just wandering what is the difference between the high end brand bulb and the less fancy named, but with the same light parameters.

What I found after a good research for fluorescent tubes afew years back that sometimes a non branded ones have better light spectrum then the most expensive brands. Now fare as I know that is what it makes professional, not the brand. You have a good armature which is important, with the right tubes it doesn’t count which company made it as long as they have right light spectrum.

Do a search on the net with this on your mind. What are the parameters of your ideal tubes? I bet you can find better ones cheaper.

having a better spectrum and having a high PAR value are completely different things. the spectrum is simply just the color of the bulb but the amount of like and the PAR that teh tube outputs is what most peopel look for when buying a "high end" bulb, which is why alot of folk look at ATI and guiesmin(sp?)

shhhhhh...its a hyundai gt....got it from my parents lol it was cheap and reliable. I'm a long ways from my cool car days. I used to have an honest to goodness racecar. :)

hey its just a car, you don't need anythign fancy to get you to places. hyundai's have come a long long way and have become reliable and have some style to them

Last edited:
the light spectrum may be the same but that doesnt mean they last as long without weakening and starting an algae bloom. There is a reason most pros use certain lamps for certain applications or the cheaper brands would become more common and the price will rise accordingly.

Is it last 5 times longer? If so then you must be right, but this is not my experience. Currently I don't have any special plants in my tank and if I would be so serious about the biotope what I have I hardly would have any plants, so I am more like being nosy on this. lol.

No worries! it's such a great deal has to be shared lol

Yeah, just showed my b/f that blenny and he thinks its horrid looking! Some people! hehehe

Back
Top Bottom