Carey's Rimless LED Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Oops also found this one

External HOB Refugium / Breeder

I was going to buy it from finnex at first but saw it in store for $15 so I got that one.

I tried the air pump for circulating the water but either my pump isnt enough air or it doesnt work too well. I am gonna get a rio 200 pump and use that instead. Should give me great flow and my lfs was using the same setup in one of his tanks.

Carey quick question what do u do when you go away !!! In the summer I'm away at least 3 times for a week how do u feed corals ?? And I thought I had a plan for the fish but it did not work was going to use a ehiem feeder with new spectrum pellets but I tried it last night and it failed miserably the pellets sucked right down the overflow !! My wife said I could not get a tank because we travel I told her I had it covered !!! Online people say you can go without feeding them 4 a week !! I can not see that they allways look hungry all day let alone a week !!! And how often do u feed corals ??? Thanks 4 all your help I'll put pics up soon tank up and running LEDs in and rock looks awsome !!

I don't feed my corals so no problem there. As far as the feeder did you try putting it as far away as possible from the overflow? Or maybe try flake food while youre away. And yes, the fish can be ok for up to a week without food, they won't starve...

carey said:
Yep, perfectly fine. :)

Awsome:) the reason I asked is because after my biocube is all settled in I'm going to upgrade my 10g FW to a 29 gallon planted. Then I'll have a perfectly good empty ten gallon tank with heater and filter. It would be a shame to have an empty tank soooo...... Nano reef:D (but not for another year or so)

Sounds like a plan, just keep in mind smaller tanks are more work at the end of the day. Things go south pretty fast in sw and even faster in a 10g tank. :)

Picked up a blue gonipora today. :)

Unfortunately it hasn't opened so I can take a picture! LOL Hopefully tomorrow.

carey said:
Picked up a blue gonipora today. :)

Unfortunately it hasn't opened so I can take a picture! LOL Hopefully tomorrow.

Cool, congrats! Is it a Christmas present for me? Lol

Ahh it's only a frag, nothing to get too excited about. LOL Just thought it looked pretty in the store and my budget was low for today so I spent what I could. :-D

carey said:
Ahh it's only a frag, nothing to get too excited about. LOL Just thought it looked pretty in the store and my budget was low for today so I spent what I could. :-D

Yeah, I have been not allowing myself to buy any corals because I will need all of the money I can get for my 125g build. :)

I am on a savings mission now. I really really want a controller for xmas so I need to start saving. lol After this big spending spree I need to tone it down a bit. lol The controller I want is $349! eek!

carey said:
I am on a savings mission now. I really really want a controller for xmas so I need to start saving. lol After this big spending spree I need to tone it down a bit. lol The controller I want is $349! eek!

Excuse my stupidity, but what is this a controller for? Lol

I'm looking at the reefkeepr. Preferably the elite with net. :)

It will control anything that can be plugged in. Lights, pumps, powerheads, ATO, everything! All on a pretty little screen. :)

carey said:
I'm looking at the reefkeepr. Preferably the elite with net. :)

It will control anything that can be plugged in. Lights, pumps, powerheads, ATO, everything! All on a pretty little screen. :)

Cool! So what do you plan on using it for?

Figure I will use it for my lights, an ato and for a wavemaker. :)

Plus it monitors temperature and ph. and if I get another probe and module it can do salinity too. :)

Back
Top Bottom