Careys Tank(s) Lots of Pictures, Questions & Thoughts

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Now that's how you do a photo dump :D. Those acans look great, beautiful specimens.

LOL, yeah, I guess I did post a few too many...but are there ever "too many" coral and fish pics? lol I love looking at them so much I even made a photo album out of some of the pictures Ive taken over the years.

Thanks bigred, they are looking so good I just had to post em.

In the process of renting a truck to go pick up that lot of fish stuff saturday. :-D

That pink spotted goby is now my oldest fish. :) He is either 4 or 5 years old, I had him in my very first saltwater tank, my straight 29g. lol I have a pistol shrimp I got at the same time and they have never hooked up lol. The pistol is huge too, he must be eating well. lol
Hoping to one day get a goby and pistol pair that will hang out together.

Not too many at all!

I loved the purple/periwinkle blue and bright green coral towards the end of the show. Is that an Acan? Does it have a "name/variety"?

All the shots are pretty much acans. :) At least the last post. lol

Great corals, I have had a thing for them since the beginning. Easy to keep, cheap, for the most part and they look so awesome all poofed up. lol I never feed corals except for the acans and duncans I have. Such a cool feeding response, love watching them eat. I am soo weird, I know.
Going to rent the truck for like 4 oclock on Saturday and then off to my reef club meeting at 630, it is gonna be a fish filled day!

All of the fish look great! You're right, I just looked up photos of the Mustard Tang and yours does seem a little darker, but seems to have that shape. I love the big blob of Chromis, so very cute! I know that Pink Watchman very well, LOL. I have seen him in tank pictures since I joined in July 2011! I agree, there is never a such thing as too many pictures. :)

I love those fish-filled days! Fun!

I took the photo of the chromis just for you Red. :) I know you wanted to see em all schooled up.
Yeah, the tang is very very similar to a mustard but is it one? This is where I need that andy sager guy, he tends to know everything about fish, at least as far as identification. Was hoping he'd see this post and chime in. lol

Moved the pickup day to sunday for the new 180g, the moving guys I have couldnt do it on saturday. But soon enough!

I took the photo of the chromis just for you Red. :) I know you wanted to see em all schooled up.
Yeah, the tang is very very similar to a mustard but is it one? This is where I need that andy sager guy, he tends to know everything about fish, at least as far as identification. Was hoping he'd see this post and chime in. lol

Moved the pickup day to sunday for the new 180g, the moving guys I have couldnt do it on saturday. But soon enough!

That may be better, that way you aren't too busy on Saturday. Now you have TWO fish days! Woohoo! :dance:

Got home like a couple hours ago and after a short nap began going through all the fish stuff. lol
Got THREE little giant external pumps and a mag18 as well. Thinking I will swipe that mag18 and run dual 18's in the 180g. That should take care of my flow issues.
Got at least one dosing pump, a fish feeder and a couple of older skimmers, luckily they have instructions so I should be able to make them work. Got a bucket of phosguard, a huge spool of airhose lol a couple heaters and some smaller tiny pumps. It appears that I also have 3 homemade reactors and two homemade uv's. Also so far we have a sediment filter that is huge, like a small garbage can with a couple refills of the media. A brand new in the box pinpoint ph controller. This is like the gem in all the crap, they are going for $180 now on sale so that should fetch me a good buck. Also have a brand new in box ro/di unit, though it appears to be only 25gpd. Sure a membrane change and flow restrictor will up that number.
Going into thre garage soon to check out the other stuff, all the above was brought into the house to sort through.
Keep in mind that alot of these items are 15+ years old, so there wasnt alot of technology for reefing back then but I seem to have the best of the best as far as what was available back then. I also threw out a small garbage bag of test kits, airstones and other stuff I cant use and cant see selling. There are a few items that are in german so I dont know what they are, I will post pictures once I am straightened out on my end.
Like christmas morning! Every tub/box was a surprise. lol

Got home like a couple hours ago and after a short nap began going through all the fish stuff. lol
Got THREE little giant external pumps and a mag18 as well. Thinking I will swipe that mag18 and run dual 18's in the 180g. That should take care of my flow issues.
Got at least one dosing pump, a fish feeder and a couple of older skimmers, luckily they have instructions so I should be able to make them work. Got a bucket of phosguard, a huge spool of airhose lol a couple heaters and some smaller tiny pumps. It appears that I also have 3 homemade reactors and two homemade uv's. Also so far we have a sediment filter that is huge, like a small garbage can with a couple refills of the media. A brand new in the box pinpoint ph controller. This is like the gem in all the crap, they are going for $180 now on sale so that should fetch me a good buck. Also have a brand new in box ro/di unit, though it appears to be only 25gpd. Sure a membrane change and flow restrictor will up that number.
Going into thre garage soon to check out the other stuff, all the above was brought into the house to sort through.
Keep in mind that alot of these items are 15+ years old, so there wasnt alot of technology for reefing back then but I seem to have the best of the best as far as what was available back then. I also threw out a small garbage bag of test kits, airstones and other stuff I cant use and cant see selling. There are a few items that are in german so I dont know what they are, I will post pictures once I am straightened out on my end.
Like christmas morning! Every tub/box was a surprise. lol

Merry Fishmas! was just about to check in about it. Yay!(y)

Lots of pictures of all the stuff. :) Still sorting through some but most of it has real potential. I love the homemade reactor, imagine how cool that was 20 years ago lol

Here are ALOT of photos for you guys.

Back
Top Bottom