Carib Sea ARAGONIITE Sand ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MOOGLY

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi we have an 80 Gallon tank that I have put Carib Sea Aragonite Sand into and was wondering if plants would work in this tank.

So far we have all fake plants but I like the look of real plants better and a few photos across the net of planted tanks have really changed my tune.

has anyone tried this and will it work ? I don't seem to see any plant substrate in my area.

the last time we tried a planted tank it was years ago in a 35 gallon tank and we got snails so bad we took them out and bought clown loaches.

Thanks for any help

Aragonite is suppose to be fossilized coral if im not mistaking right? if so it still sounds like it will buffer the water up.. whats your hardness like KH?
travissimpson has a very impressive high hardness tank 14KH and he is using a buffering up sand in his substate. he says that plants that like soft water just grow slower in his tank.. he has a list that he can rattle off that just dont take to his tank though..
does anyone used cleated copper to get rid of a mystery snail infestation or do you just clean really well and get snail eating fish?
EcoComplete is what everyone is recommending and it seems most people are getting it online if you check the older threads..

There are plenty of plants that will strive in sand. You will need some further info of course. The member that greenmagi referred to has some beautiful plants in very hard water.

Have you decided on whether you want heavily planted, CO2 injection or low light plants?

Back
Top Bottom