Carpet grassses

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mash

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a planted tank but am relatively new to aquariums. Want I really want is a short grass to carpet part of my tank, about 40 gallons, but have no idea which is best. None of my local shops know or have any.

Do you mean Glutaraldehyde by glut? Is there any shorter plants or do you just need to keep cutting as necessary?

Well the watts per gallon depends on a couple things. Like depth and type of bulb. The watts per gallon, rule doesn't quite apply to t5ho because the lighting is so intense. Depth is a factor because the shorter the tank the more intensity reaches the substrate.
What type of lamps do you have, and what is the spectrum or the k rating? Yes glut is Glutaraldehyde. Also the higher the light the shorter the plants. I have had dhg in 1 of my tanks for 4 months now and it might be 2 inches tall but it has been carpeting like mad. I haven't had to trim it at all.

I have T5 tubes 45w one day and one natural. I think the spectrum is 895mm? My tanks a Rio 180.

Back
Top Bottom