Carpeting low-light plants

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yes I just ordered my java moss today all you meet to do is thread it into a piece of mesh ill link a video that helped me understand better

I'm not a big fan of the java moss carpet, it definitely needs to be kept trimmed to stay in shape, it kinda just goes where it wants. Flame moss seems to be a little more tame. Some other options would be dwarf sag or marsilea.

I'm not a big fan of the java moss carpet, it definitely needs to be kept trimmed to stay in shape, it kinda just goes where it wants. Flame moss seems to be a little more tame. Some other options would be dwarf sag or marsilea.

With flame moss would I just put pieces every few inches on my substrate? Won't they float?

With Flame moss you'd still need to use mesh to give it something to grip and spread on. I second using 4 Leaf Clover, Marsilea quadrifolia.

Dwarf sag is actually perfect for low light tanks. I had like 80 plants of it in my 28 and don't even have to fertilize.

Back
Top Bottom