cascade 1000 canister

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CichlidLady0312

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hello

After doing some research I decided on the cascade 1000 canister. I have never used a canister before. How do they work, will it be too much flow for a 75? Do I still need a powerhead as well? Thanks.

You don't need to use a powerhead at all. Most of us like to use them to keep stuff from settling on the bottom. That filter will only give you 3.5 or so turn over rate. I would try running a Ac110 filter with it to try to get to at least a 6+ turn over rate 8-10 would be best imo

I have a 75 with a Cascade 1000. It works great, but I agree about adding a HOB filter of some type. The AC110 would be fantastic. I am also running an AC50 and Whisper 60 in conjunction with the Cascade 1000

I was going to get the aqua clear 110 eventually after reading reviews. Hows your tank water is it crystal clwar?

Well I can't exactly say crystal clear, but that is only because of tannins from new drift wood. Tank water is fantastic besides that. When i changed my substrate from gravel to sand the water cleared up nice and quick. This is the only canister I've had so I can't really compare it to others, but it does the job for me!

Back
Top Bottom