cat proof my aquarium

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Adampugsley

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
i have an arcadia luminaire and a 400 litre tank i used to have a tank lid but since adding the luminaire i have an issue. the pet cat she tends to jump on the lid so how can i cat proof my lid?

I once had 26 tanks & a cat that loved to to mess around on the tops. Paws in the water and so on. One day I lost it & her dipped in. She never went on top again.

My Maine Coon LOVES my fish tanks. She's not afraid of water at all either. She started hopping in the shower and splashing around recently. You can't really keep a cat away from anything, they'll wait for you to leave and then do what they want. Your cat will eventually push the limit and either fall in, or get more wet then they wanted to, and never do it again.

My cat loves my fish tanks too, specially when they're in the top water column. I always have to keep an eye on her because she loves to stick her paws in the water.

Stock piranhas or a couple of arowanas .. Figure sticking it's paws in the water once is all it'll take for he/she to not do it again:whistle:

Try putting double sided tape on the lid. That way, when she jumps on it, it will stock to her paws and hopefully deter her from getting up there.

Back
Top Bottom