catalina gobies

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
it would be at above the suggested temp range. I believe the top end is 76..

What would happen if a catalina goby is kept in 80 degrees? Most likely it will eventually die. IMO, keeping the percs in colder water might cause it to have the same fate.

Hopefully someone else might have a more scientific answer.

obviously i would never stick a catalina goby in a 80 degree tank. liveaquaria.com says catalina's can handle 76-78 but prefer lower between 68 and 75. and that percs like temps of 72-78 so if i drop my temp 75, i doubt either will die. Both are within that bracket. i just want to know if anyone has kept catalinas and if they have any advice for me.

my advice would be to stick to either a cool inhabitant tank or a warm one...why borrow trouble.

ok. thanks hara, i picked up a small clown goby this evening which will be quite content with the environment i already have. thanks.

You are welcome...I am glad you found something you liked that worked out. The way I see it, this hobby can become quite complicated on its own without us inadvertantly adding to the issues. I commend you for doing the research on the fish first, too many don't. I too, have admired the catalina goby and thought to do a cool water specie tank. I hadnt because of the warm weather and ambient temp in the summer, but I have recently gotten a chiller that would be suitable for a small tank and am seriously pondering this for my next tank.

Good job on your choice, clown gobies are quite cute.

nothing is wrong with an 80 degree tank, unless you are a fish that lives in
74 degree water naturally.

Back
Top Bottom