Catastrophe!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tiger terror

Aquarium Advice Addict
Woke up to find that 95% of the crs colony in the fluval 6g dead...panic setting in I quickly found the culprit,at some point through the nite I had a power outage causing the filter not to restart............no oxygen for 10hrs in the tank almost completely destroyed the colony....so after a huge wc&restarting the filter the remaining shrimp have begun recovering...really disappointed with the ac10&cant believe it didn't restart!

Really sorry to hear that! Your CRS were pretty cool. AC10's are generally pretty reliable filters as well...power outages really can mess up a tank :(

Overall I'm pleased with AC filters as I run them on 2 other tanks,so not thinking of a filter change...to my surprise I've noticed bunch of shrimplets survived&actually had a lot more than I had thought...

Great that you found a bunch of babies. My heart goes out to you and I understand the shock something like that causes. So sorry for your losses.

We had a power meter change by the power company and when the power went back on everything went on but my Edge tank's filter. Cleaned out the impeller and area around the impeller and it seemed like it had more power after that, and it has restarted by itself after being un plugged as I tried it out to make sure.

Back
Top Bottom