catching fish and storing live rock

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Meredith

Aquarium Advice Addict
I am taking my fish to the lfs today (hopefully). Some how I need to catch them. I am thinking it will be easier with all the rock out of the tank, but I am going to sell the rock, and I want to keep it alive. I have a thirty gallon can I can put most of it in. If I keep it covered with water and put a PH in there with it, will that keep it "live"? will I need to put in a heater in or a filter or anything?
Also, and good tips/tricks for catching fish?
tia

You can store the lr that way. Just be sure there is enough flow in the can. A heater may or may not be necessary depending on the temps of where you are gonna store it. Also, depending on how long you keep it, you'll have to do regular water changes. Catching the fish will be easier if you can somehow corral them to one area. Good luck.

It took nearly 2 hours to get all the live rock out and catch the fish. They are now back at the lfs and I can't believe how relieved I am to not have to worry about them any more. I have most of my water still so I am just going to toss the rock back into the tank and keep one filter going and the heater. That will work for now I think.

Back
Top Bottom