Catfish eat barbs?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Waffle toaster

Aquarium Advice Regular
A fish store didn't have the fish I wanted so I ordered the fish for the store. When the fish came in and we went to pick them up we saw that they messed up the order and got a redtail catfish with the fish we ordered. It looked very pretty and the people at the store said that it would go very well with the barbs that I had bought, so we decided to buy it. I looked up stuff about the redtail catfish, and found out that they can grow very huge very fast. I got very worried that my 55gallon tank wouldn't be big enough and got very VERY worried that it might eat my 1/2 inch barbs. Should I keep the catfish, or get rid of the catfish? It's just so pretty and full of personality that I don't want to get rid of it.

It's for the best for it to go to a new home, I have seen those cats at 5 feet, one at 6. Look up the Tennessee Aquarium river monster exhibit. There so big they could eat children. No prob with barbs. Look for a African feather fin, great cats and very pretty

Oh, well. I guess I'll have to take him back. I'll be sad to see him go, and will miss all the extra fun energy and beauty that he added to the tank.

Oil catfish look very pretty, and I'm reading that they're great fish to have in an aquarium. I think I'll consider getting one!

Back
Top Bottom