Catfish for Two Tanks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

figliaperduta

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have an established 30-gallon tank (the tall one, 24x12x24), currently with a pair of angelfish, an ancistrus (SO CUTE!), three swordtails, and three cories (also incredibly cute). Filtration is an Emperor 400, which I chose because of the depth of the tank. It's been doing an excellent job; between that and the catfish, I've had no algae (my other two tanks have profuse amounts). So, would it be possible for me to add a few more cories to the mix? If so, how many? I'm very interested to see the interesting behaviours that apparently appear when you have 6+.

Also, I'm setting up a 10-gallon that will be ready for Second Fish next weekend. Right now, it's home to a pair of guppies. I'm also planning on having three cories and perhaps a gourami or two (dwarf or chocolate, undecided as of yet). Filter is an AC20 (used to be Mini), pushing I think 150gph, or could be 200. Would I be able to put an Oto in here as well?

JustOneMore20: Algae, it's got. LOTS of algae--I'm having to clean it out every single day. Will the ottoes be fine with the pair of gouramis, the three cories, and the pair of guppies, as far as stocking levels go?

I'd recommend dropping the cory's from the stocking list, and go with 4 oto's. The guppies will breed, and the gourami's should keep them under control, but a few fry will probably survive and grow.

Back
Top Bottom