Cause of yellow/orange water?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Webby

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi, first post here. I have used the search function but couldnt find an appropriate answer.

My aquarium water is a yellowy/orange :-(

I suspect it has to do with the deco log/root that I placed in it. I gave it a rinse before putting it in but didn't boiled it as I read you should do after I put it in. I can see no other reason why the colour of the water should be this unfortunate urine colour. I just exchanged half the water and will continue to do so. The tank is much clearly but still a bit yellow. I will continue changing water until the water is clear again. I'm just not sure what causes this or if this is a danger to my fish. I'm fairly sure it isnt algae based at it happen only a day or two after I set up the aquarium. There is no visible algae at all to be seen. I suspect the log as I say and was just wondering if this is something anyone else has had or if I'm going in the wrong direction as to cause here.

Great forum btw.
@admin If you want some free help getting the forum better indexed let me know. I have a php forum with 200,000 pages well indexed as SEO is my bread and butter..

Cheers
Alan

Yep, read that too, hence I went and bought a new carbnon filter after Googling 'aquarium tannins'.

Thanks for your help guys. I'm a bit of an aquarium newbie and very much appreciate your prompt knowledgable responses.

Alan

Back
Top Bottom