Cautiously optimistic!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Laurencallen74

Aquarium Advice Regular
OK!!!

I have been working overtime to see that my darlings have survived the ordeal I put them through. (quick update? Sure...

seeded material from old 25 gallon-gravel, old filter (in addition to the new one with old filter media added), old plants..etc. BUT didn't do full nitro cycle because I am ignorant!! Was...ignorant.

Day 6-daily PWC's at 25%, ammonia stable at 0-0.25 max, nitrite 0-0.25 max, etc...(have the master test kit)

Oranda has been sluggish, but eating and growing more active. Ryukin very mildly sluggish but still markedly active.

Food kept to minimum.

Suspect ammonia spots/burns on Oranda, but come and go. Can't be ich. They turn a bit ulcered and disappear.

Use prime and salt with every PWC according to replacement volume.

Seems they may make it.

Thank you for all the PM's and advice. Of never have made this happen as steady as I have without you all.

Like I said, all this was to accommodate my two fancies in a lovely 46 gallon. That's All I want, is both my fancies to live the life. Nothing more. No more additions, just a great lifestyle for two goldfish. ( boring, right?)

Thank you everyone. I am still not out of the woods, but I am not giving up.

All the love!!!
LC

Have you considered adding a little stress coat? When I'm medicating or otherwise stressing (new additions, etc) my fish, I use stress coat. It might help with those little sore spots.
I'm really glad your fish are still doing OK. You aren't alone in the being ignorant bit... I've made my fair share of under informed decisions that pets have had to pay for... All I can say is thank goodness for the Internet!!!!! In the last couple years, I have revamped my thinking and my pets are living a lot happier for it!

Thanks MamaShanna!! This site has been great for my emerging fish care confidence.

image-3391370571.jpg

They seem very happy!! Fingers crossed!

Back
Top Bottom