Cement

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

leftyfish

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Anyone use cement to keep the rocks in place in pond and waterfall?

My dog jumps in my pond and has knocked the rocks in, so now I have to go in the pond and get them out and restock them. I was thinking of lowering the water a bit and using cement to fix the rocks in place. Would this work? Is there a certain type of cement? I have koi and goldfish.

sometimes cement can raise the pH in a pond and leach lime into the water....it is probably best to get it sealed (there are special paints and latexes). I am not an expert - you should get more opinions and research it a little...
good luck! :)

How big a pond? While cement will leach and raise ph, it wont do it forever. So if the pond is large there would be a small change. Also, if you can lower water level, you can slowly bring level back up minimizing the exposure. So you could raise water an inch or so every month, until it is back where you want it.

It is about 1000 gallons. Good ideas, I haven't done anything yet as the water is too cold for me to hop in there. I thought about lowering the water anyway to reach the rocks on the bottom, about 5' deep.

I will have to read up on the cement more when it is closer to July. Until then it looks awful!

Back
Top Bottom