Centrepiece Fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Davies97

Aquarium Advice Freak
I am going to the Pet Store Tomorrow and I am looking for a Centrepiece fish that can be kept with Guppies any ideas

Super_Blueberry said:
How large is your tank? How many hippies do you have?

Hippies are very social creatures and should be kept in groups of five or more and they require a very large tank. ;)

blert said:
Hippies are very social creatures and should be kept in groups of five or more and they require a very large tank. ;)

They also appreciate a hacky sack dropped into the tank to play with, and are appreciative of a few choice live plants.

I have live plants and i have 4 males and 3 females but im getting another today. I have a 14 gallon and dont say its over crowded because i have one inch of fish per gallon

Davies97 said:
I have a 14 gallon and dont say its over crowded because i have one inch of fish per gallon

You do realise that the 1 inch per gallon "rule" is the most blatant show of lack of knowledge when it comes to fish keeping.

With that logic you could house a 14" pleco in that tank? Balderdash!!

I would say you are most definitely stocked without the addition of a CP fish.

But it's up to you to decide at the end of it all...

Davies97 said:
Ive bought a rainbow ram cichlid as my choosen fish

If that's the fish I'm thinking of then it gets way too big for a 14 gallon tank.

They can reach upto 15cm or 6"

That would only give around 4 body lengths of swimming room, a very confined space IMO.

A smaller gourami like the honey would be better for that size of tank but the guppies will soon fill it to the brim so I'd leave out a CP fish.

Back
Top Bottom