Cfl spectrums?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Atxpunx

Aquarium Advice FINatic
What kind of spiral cfl is the closest to a plant spectrum? I think they have daylight and soft. I know how to read and look for the Kelvin rating but the cfls they sell and big chain store don't have all that info. Any experienced knowledge would be great.

Spiral compact fluorescent don't all have temp rating at walmart or home depot. Is there a way to tell the Kelvin rating whiteout info on the box? I think the color tells something doesn't it?

Usually the tank "daylight" bulbs will be fine. Imo, the difference between 9000K and 6700K will be negligible. Get a color thats aestheticly pleasing to you in that range?

The temperature rating that describes bulbs is essentially nothing more than a description of the color that they eye sees. The complete spectrum is more important with regards to plants, but any 5500K-10000K bulb will be fine. I saw one set of data the other day that had a 10000K bulb putting off more PAR than a 6700K bulb.

Back
Top Bottom