Changing Filter ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

10gal_nano

Aquarium Advice Addict
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1393434402.193984.jpg
I bought this filter for my 10 gallon nano-reef project. When I need to change the filter cartridge do I have to re cycle the tank or should it be fine?
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1393434534.847221.jpg the stage one filter cartridge with carbon and filter floss in it. Thanks, joe

Filter question

No, in fact I would clean that a couple times a week. Your bio filter is inside your tank in sw. Not sure how that filter works but if it's able I would not even use the regular media and replace it with a bag if chemi pure elite (or something similar)

In saltwater you'll read that there is no need for a filter in many tanks! It's pretty cool to learn about. :) Your live rock will be your main filter pretty much, that's what it comes down to. So for a tank of your size you probably wont use that filter unless you add something like chemi-pure as said by BigRed. Or some how mod it for a refugium. Your powerhead(s) will be your main source of water movement around the live rock. Hope this helps.

Back
Top Bottom