Changing from a 30 gallon to a 100g

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Joe5688

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have a 30 gallon tank in my room right now and I'm running 2 aqua clear 50s. I have 1 6” marble gar and I'm looking to move into my new 100 gallon tank. I have heaters for the 100 so my question is how do I make the move to the new aquarium? Fill it, bring it up to temp and then move both filters and the fish at the same time? The filters can handle 50 gallons each and they are just temporary til I get a canister filter. Since the filters are already established will they be able to make the new 100gs safe for my gar?

Joe5688 said:
I have a 30 gallon tank in my room right now and I'm running 2 aqua clear 50s. I have 1 6” marble gar and I'm looking to move into my new 100 gallon tank. I have heaters for the 100 so my question is how do I make the move to the new aquarium? Fill it, bring it up to temp and then move both filters and the fish at the same time? The filters can handle 50 gallons each and they are just temporary til I get a canister filter. Since the filters are already established will they be able to make the new 100gs safe for my gar?

Yes, move everything at once.
Move the fish to a bucket/safe container.
Syphon all water from 30 to 100g tank.
Move filters and decor over.
Top tank off with temperature matched, dechlorinated water.
Check temp and acclimate fish.
Check parameters regularly until your new filter is established to make sure there are no mini cycles from the move, the filters can handle the extra water in the new tank and when the new filter is connected and the old ones are removed.

Back
Top Bottom