Charged Water into fish tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

darknessheir

Aquarium Advice Regular
Ok here is a weird ?!

I work in a restaurant and have been adding CO2 from our empty co2 tanks from the soda machine into baloons and then adding it to my tank to try to add co2 for my plants. So we have a soda button which is just charged water. water with the co2 added to make it carbonated.
Can I just add some carbonated water to the tank to help boost the co2 levels?

i personally wouldnt maybe experiment before hand to see how much co2 gets into the tank. if you over saturate the water with co2 it pushes the o2 out so the fish suffocate.

That actually sounds very similar to what Amano did when he first started using CO2 in his aquariums. I'd guess that it would give you similar results to the baloon method you've been using. Your best bet would be to actually set up a pressurized CO2 system instead.

wasnt the story that amano came home drunk and dumped some selter water in the tank? i think i read that it worked but like black hills said it offgassed quickly

I seen somewhere there was a guy who put a small air pump in a garbage bag air line hooked up to it.When he worked out on a treadmill he exhaled into it to fill it up.Once filled he tied off and plugged pump in and put line into his planted tank.He said it worked but i didn't see any pics of his tank. lol

wwwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyy to much effort. get pressurized, drink beer and watch the fish

Ill just put my kids on my treadmill with a candy bar or some gum hanging out there, im sure ill get enough co2 to sell back to airgas.

Back
Top Bottom