Cheapest filter for 120g Business Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

trinifella

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hey guys,

I was thinking about selling Gouramis in my vegetable shop and I have a perfect stand to fit a 48 x 24 x 24 120g tank. My friend has alot of Honey Gouramis and all sorts, so we thought, hey why not. I was looking for a simple, effect, cheap, filtration method since I cannot afford to get a cannister filter right now (paying off some debt my late father left is not cool). Thinking about throwing in some plants as well to make it look good, or do you think it better to just leave it clear so it'll be easy to clean. Gladly appreciate the input and help

Two options: Lot of HOB filters (require more maintenance) or two Canister filters. I would not try to save penny on canisters, I would just go with two good canister.

Good canister filter require low maintenance and go a great job. They're silent and low profile.

If you're in the US, you should be able to find good prices for good Eheim canisters.

Yea MrV i think u might just be right about the two canisters. Man I miss living in the States, everything is so cheap, lol. Shipping to Trinidad costs and arm and a leg.

O yea and T1, i love ur saracasm

Yea MrV i think u might just be right about the two canisters. Man I miss living in the States, everything is so cheap, lol. Shipping to Trinidad costs and arm and a leg.

I live in Canada, and everything linked to aquariums cost a fortune !!! Sometime I find good deals on amazon.ca

I paid 160$ for me Eheim 2213, some can get it for 80$ in the US !

I live in Canada, and everything linked to aquariums cost a fortune !!! Sometime I find good deals on amazon.ca

Ouch! That's quite a lot for an Eheim 2213! I got mine for $75. Didn't know it was that expensive in Canada! :blink:
For a big tank like a 120g, I would also go for canisters. HOBs on a 120g would be ridiculous to clean and may not even keep the water clean. A HOB you could go for is a Marineland Emperor 400. But you would need 2-3 of them :/

Yeah, that much expensive !!!!

Cheap canister = cheap o-ring = higher potantial risk of have 120g water on your floor one day... And also you need two canisters, so it double the chances of catastrophics disaster.

Yeah, that much expensive !!!!

Cheap canister = cheap o-ring = higher potantial risk of have 120g water on your floor one day... And also you need two canisters, so it double the chances of catastrophics disaster.

Yup. I've seen many people with bad O-rings with there whole floor flooded. The bad thing is this is a 120g so if the canister leaks without you knowing it, you could have a lot of gallons of water everywhere. The eheim classic series (2213 is part of it) is very highly rated and is very well made.

Yup. I've seen many people with bad O-rings with there whole floor flooded. The bad thing is this is a 120g so if the canister leaks without you knowing it, you could have a lot of gallons of water everywhere. The eheim classic series (2213 is part of it) is very highly rated and is very well made.

I bought it because the guy at the LFS (He's not a noob, he do aquarium maintenance with a lot of customers) told me he prefer Eheim for the built quality and ease of maintenance, and he told me he never had any issues with this filter, compared to some low-ends filters that have bad o-ring.

He recommanded the Eheim O-Ring must be changed at least once each three years.

I bought it because the guy at the LFS (He's not a noob, he do aquarium maintenance with a lot of customers) told me he prefer Eheim for the built quality and ease of maintenance, and he told me he never had any issues with this filter, compared to some low-ends filters that have bad o-ring.

He recommanded the Eheim O-Ring must be changed at least once each three years.

Yeah most people change their O-rings every few years to make sure they don't get leaks.

Ouch man I live in Ontario and paid 99 for mine! It even included the quick connects...

Back
Top Bottom