Cheato in emporer hob

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hondatek

Aquarium Advice Addict
Will cheato grass stuff survive in a emporer hob? I was told it would and it would also help with nitrates. Is this true?

Probably not without a light.

I've been told that the key to using macro algae for nutrient export is contact time with the water. You won't want that filter pumping 400 gph of water through that chaeto because contact time with the water will be so minimal. Someone please correct me if I am wrong.

if you put a light and slow the flow rate yes it will work. it will have rapid growth if you left the rate but not much filtration

I might just take it out then. I should of went with my instincts and got more rock instead of that.I guess if anyone in the Norfolk va area wants it just pm me and you can have it.

its not hard to put a light in it and choke the flow down. all you have to do is pull the impeller out and cut a blade or two off, and they have robot LED lights that clip on to the sides of tanks that you and use. chaeto is a great form of natural filtration used to suck the nutrience out of the water, LR is used to break ammonia into nitrite then to nitrate. they are used for two different things

I can't even plug anything in though. Both my 75s are in that corner. They both use 14 outlets total

Back
Top Bottom