Check on your fish while your out of town????

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

revhtree

Aquarium Advice Addict
Just a thought...

So many people are loosing fish while they are out of town and although this idea really couldnt help you save your fish, it could give you peace of mind.

Idea: Set up a webcam right on your tank and access it via a computer from your hotel...

Wow what a genius I am..OK, maybe not but anyway, just a thought.

just make sure the web cam has a view of your thermometer and if you've got the equipment, any other meters. Then if you "see" something is wrong you can have a friend or family member come and check it out.

Of course, the uber-geek way to do it would be to have all the meters and sensors hooked directly to your PC and if the meters sense anything beyond an accepted range, and email is sent to a web-paging service and you get a text message on your cell phone :wink:

Yea right, I see where you are going. It's the make sure Roger is out of town so Rev can break into his house cam.

Assuming I had a nice high speed connection, this would be a pretty sweet deal. I have to travel down to Champaign (2 hour drive) every other week and usually end up leaving my fish back for several days. I sure do miss waking up to see the Dynamo and the Ladies flaring for attention as I wake up.

See I am a genius!! :p Amyway my mommy thinks I am... :mrgreen:

Seriously though, it would at least give you peace of mind to see them swimming around... :D

Seriously though, it would at least give you peace of mind to see them swimming around...

...Or a very stressful vacation seeing something wrong. I guess that's the part where you rely on friends or family w/a key.

just make sure its a semi-secure website. wouldn't want your wife walking around the house after a shower and giving people a free show ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom