check this picture out

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Brian Vartanian

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
this is my foxface rabbit fish, in this pic, i havent fed them in about 18 hours or so, and i dont know of anything in the aquarium he could have eaten, yet his stumach gets bigger by the hour...... what is this?

P1010587.JPG

Looks alot like it may be a bacterial infection. Please post some feeding history including types of foods, frequencey and storage habits.

Also, please look into a freeware photo editor. That's a monster pic almost ¾ of a gig, please stick to 640x480 :wink:

Cheers
Steve

well, fist off, yes pic was big, time was of the essence, i happen to be a photo editor so... yea :wink: umm i feed them this omnivore frozen food which contains some algae stuff and brine shrimp, for the tangs and the foxface i also put in some sea veggies green sea weed every other day. i read some where he may be constipated and to try and softly push his stomach, i tried that didnt work... he is starting to lay down on his side at the bottom

Brian Vartanian said:
and to try and softly push his stomach, i tried that didnt work... he is starting to lay down on his side at the bottom
Where ever you got that from, I hope you didn't bookmark the site 8O

If constipated the best means of alleviating it is soft, oily veggie matter. Softened peas being a sure bet. Mix in with the fish's favorite foods and feed daily for the next few days. If it does not clear the "blockage" you are most likely seeing an internal bacterial infection which will require treating in a seperate QT.

Cheers
Steve

yea , it wasnt the best advice, im sure it would have worked on a more stable fish, but that foxface was sensitve, the poop started to come out ( i tried pusing it out as a last measure, he was just sitting on the bottom) i barley got it out and then he changed color, tried to sting me so i let it go and he died :cry:

Brian Vartanian said:
im sure it would have worked on a more stable fish
Not likely, the amount of damage something like that do is quite high no matter the health or sensitivity of the fish. More commonly it could burst the swim bladder and there's no telling what damage to other vital organs.

Cheers
Steve

Back
Top Bottom