Chemical Comparisons

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pirahna dave

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Okay my first post a month or so ago was asking opinions on a couple different chemicals. I kinda lost track in the post. After some research and comparison to the aquarium equivelent I think I found a good basis to post some theories. I am no chemist by any means and might have as much biology background as a 5th grader (No I dont claim to be smarter then one) lol.

Ok Tetra makes a product called Pond Water Balance. I have access to a large quantity of it dirt cheap. One 16.9 oz bottle costs me under $4. I have been pondering its application on fresh water aquariums. It says 10ml will treat 100 gallons. If you break it down 1ml should treat 10 gallons. When you compare this product to Tetra Easy Balance plus 8.45 oz bottle for $8. where 10ml treats 10 gallons. It is obvious that there can be quite a few uses for both plants and fish from the pond bottle. Reading the vague ingrediants in each product you find that:

Pond Water Balance: Fruit Acids, Iron Salts

EasyBalance Plus: Inorganic Mineral Salts, Suspened Biodegradable Polymers

Now after researching this further you find a couple of things.

Iron salts= Inorganic Mineral Salts
Suspended Biodegradable Polymers= Fruit Acids

With that said does that mean it is the same product in different concentrations?

I would love to hear anyone with any proffessional or any background or knowledge about this subject learn me what they think in differentiating theese two products.

I have used 1ml of pond water balance in one tank and 10ml of Easy Balance Plus in another (both the recommended dosages) at the same time over the past few weeks and have seen the same outcomes in both tanks. My Nitrates have dropped the same even with weekly 10% water changes and the plants have grown noticeably more in both tanks and the poor guppipigs (Guppy Guinea Pigs) have actually become more colorful and active in the Pond Waterbalance tank as supposed to the Easy Balance tank.

Anyone have any any thoughts? Please Share.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom