Chemical filter question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rilock4

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a aquaclear filter and have read that the carbon chemical is not needed. I currently have the ammonia remove chemical in my filter and was wondering if this is not nesccery in my planted tank and I should just run the filter and bio max.

Couple questions- how old is your tank? What type of plants do you have? How many fish- what type? Finally, what is the size of your filter? I, personally, like cut to size nitrate and biofloss pads and chemipure elite and zeolite bags and finally are you using any ferts or water treatments other than conditioner?

Neither the carbon nor the ammonia reducer is needed or even desirable in that filter. Every model other than the 110 can take a second sponge, which will increase the filtration, both mechanical and bio. Especially if you have plants, you don't want to remove ammonia.

Couple questions- how old is your tank? What type of plants do you have? How many fish- what type? Finally, what is the size of your filter? I, personally, like cut to size nitrate and biofloss pads and chemipure elite and zeolite bags and finally are you using any ferts or water treatments other than conditioner?

My tank is about a month old and is a 38 gallon. I have 3 windlov (sp) and 3 valliseria (sp). I am going to add some camboba and water wisteria. I have 7 glofish, 3 albino cory catfish, and 3 dwarf gourami (sp). I am running the fluval aquaclear 50 (rated for 50 gallons, and a bio wheel power filter rated for 20 gallons. Im just running seachem conditioner and seachem flourish.

Back
Top Bottom