Cherokee co Ga. water report

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Leeatl

Aquarium Advice Freak
I emailed and got the following from the Cherokee Co Ga.Water Service . Just thought I would share if anyone in my area would like to know . It is a much more detailed report than what is on their website........

"Our Calcium (Ca) levels run on average from 13 to 16 ppm;
Sodium (Na) is 5.5 ppm, a portion of which, comes from the addition of sodium hypochlorite (NaOCL) (industrial strength bleach) in the amount of 2.5 ppm total dosage, for disinfection purposes. Of this total amount , an average of 2.0 ppm remains in the distribution system as “free” chlorine (CL2) but the level can be as low as 0.2 ppm at the very ends of our system. The amount of free chlorine at your house is dependent upon the location of the property and the amount of water being consumed in your neighborhood. We do NOT disinfect with chlorimines!
Our hardness ranges between 16 to 18 ppm as total calcium carbonate (CaCO3) some of this may be bicarbonate (HCO3) hardness but we do not differentiate between the two. *There is virtually no magnesium (Mg) hardness. Sulfates ( SO4) have tested well below the detection limits of 25 ppm. Our alkalinity range at the treatment plant is 14 to 16 ppm but can become lower in the distribution system. We add fluoride to the finished water at a range of 0.75 to 0.85 ppm . Total Phosphate (PO4) is added as a corrosion preventative at a rate of 0.50 ppm , 80% of this amount is ortho-phosphate and test at around .35 ppm.
Chlorite ranges from 0.68 part per billion at the treatment facility and drops to around 0.62 parts per billion (or microgram per liter) ug/L
Iron levels are, on average .01 part per million but can be slightly higher at the ends of the system due to the system containing ductile iron pipes.
Manganese levels average .01 part per million."

I don't know....lol I noticed the "NOT" myself . I didn't specifically ask about chloramines , just for a more comprehensive report....go figure .

Last edited:
I've noticed that here. Lots of stuff on I guess sensitive issues for the community like algae blooms and buried away is the actual water chemistry report I really want.

We have source water from dams, underground aquifers and desalination plants so I can never figure out if our water is mixed really well or not - no reports on that sort of info. I don't really mind if it is or isn't.

The only time I seem to find out is sometimes a kh test will pick something or the lfs notes a lot of people commenting.

Yea they don't have much of anything on their website so I emailed and I got this report the next day . Nice guy for an official...lol

Back
Top Bottom